Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ian.C.S
    replied
    Nice to hear from you again Nigel,glad its going well for you.See you when you get back

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I'm still on my 8 month vacation and living in the romahome. we keep getting moved by the police as they need the spaces for the gypseys.

I have seen 9 out of the top 12 tourist sites in the Herault region of langudoc and kayaked with several clubs and treated with the most respect.

I did hear from someone there's some trouble in Totenham but glad I'm down hear instead.

This C15 romahome gets a lot of attention from the French especially with the red sea kayak on the roof.

Shame the £ is so weak at the moment as it makes thing look expensive and I am down to my last £40,000

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The local paper is called Midi libre and they carried a story 8 days ago about the municipal camping car park over run by homeless and alcoholics. This is the place I returned too as it was free and freindly ISH and clos to the water.
    The mayer was not happy about Sete being exposed like this so he sent in the police to close the place down. we had " days notice to get out inc the good people.

Now I move from spot to spot. the good news is I have joined a group called anglo phone http://www.anglophone-group-languedoc-roussillon.com/

this group is english and french speakers that can help me and each other during the holidays of schools closure.

the big fat bald headed lazy pig moved away and now lets his dog roam freely.

I realise its strange that I submit myself to this dodgy lifestyle but it's short term and without bragging too much but I do get respect from all the ****heads and sometimes they get free custard cream biccys from me.

Leave a comment:

• karenw
    replied
    Originally posted by MOS View Post
    Sounds like Nigel knows what's what and there aint this type of memmories in Safe .watch your back and go with your instincts
    Agreed. I think Nigel is more than capable of looking after himself and trusting his instincts!

Life is about meeting challenges and making the best of everything and every opportunity. Enjoy your adventures - and please keep sharing them with us!

Leave a comment:

• MOS
    replied
    Sounds like Nigel knows what's what and there aint this type of memmories in Safe .watch your back and go with your instincts .bummer about the height at the tolls ,was it your kayac on the roof or just a stroppy attendant
    love that part of france ,dont get there as often as i would like .perhaps now we have a c15 we may get down more offten, its just on a thousand miles from us so 50 to the gallon will help
    be good and have fun MOS

Leave a comment:

• Ian.C.S
    replied
    what on earth are you doing Nigel?
    it went wrong at Sete last time,it will go wrong again,be sensible chum,go somewhere safe.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I'm back

well I fortified my romahome and returned to sete.
    The drive down was expensive cos the romahome was charged more on the 2nd half of the motorway paege, it's the hight she said. 54 euros for 300 miles.

I am now back in the same municipal parking for camping cars but now the police say everyone must go by Friday, there's more to the story but I wont go into it.

we had some very hard thunder storms on tue night and it scared all the alcoholics into their caravans.

French classes have stopped till september so instead I am gong to integrate into an english speaking community.
    http://www.anglophone-group-languedo...activities.htm

Leave a comment:

• jayjay
    replied
    Hi. I'm also getting concerned for your safety! I think it's time you left that place and found a better spot.

After you've moved on, you could do something about the dog the old tramp has.

The French equivalent of the RSPCA is the SPA and their internet site is http://www.spa.asso.fr/

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• pendel
    replied
    Yes Nigel, take notice of Uncle Ian and get your butt out of that place. We want you back here in one piece ! Your diary is very good but it is getting quite scarey.

Leave a comment:

• Ian.C.S
    replied
    Nigel ol` chum,
    GET OUT OF THERE NOW.
    you are in one badass place,and its going to go wrong for you if you dont scram quick,be kind to yourself and move on.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Well I'm still here as of Sunday 12th June but I did buy a speargun, just in case. Talking of which I took it into a river about 5 miles from sete. I have managed to get exactly no fish yet. One of the vagrants also has a speargun he takes to a public quayside and seams to do rather well. He gets several bream type fish every day so I may just do the same.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I think you're right and that's what I'll probably do soon.

Leave a comment:

• Graham
    replied
    Sounds like you are mixing with some lovely people , I think I would pack up and seek a decent camp site, the municipal sites are quite cheap, you wouldn't get so much trouble there.

Take care.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Animal cruelty and gypsys

Not a good day here today. I returned to the camping car park, after my french class, to find a gypsy had taken my place, just like that with no thought about stopping to think or ask anyone. When I saw the thing I asked if we could swap possitions becuase I had been there for one month already, my kayak needed shelter from the wind being closer to my friends larger camping car. His wife said no. So when my mate Regis returned he got a ****** for being ignorant.

I paddled away for 3 hours along the Rhone to Sete canal and stopping at a town called Frontignon then returning on the sea. I feel happier when I am in the kayak and away from the noisy beggers, drinkers and vagrants. I always think there should be a special place for those kind of people that choose to live outside of normal social guidelines. Maybe prisons could be built to house them or they could be sent to an island in the middle Pacific Ocean.

The place where I get my water was over run by gypsys for a few weeks. They broke into a childrens playground and ran a hose from a fire hydrant across the road and into their new enclosure. This morning I drove there again in the Romahome and found they were all gone, thank God, I also filled my jerry cans with 70 litres of water so I could do my washing. Some of the people here think I am strange to wash myself every day and some items of clothing too. It's not that I'm obsessed with being clean I just don't want to be unclean or even worse anywhere near what they are like.

So for I have spent about 18 euros site fees in one month of camping. Most of the money goes on food from a high class shop called netoes or something like that. If I didn't paddle 15 miles a day I'd be richer.

Not sure if I miss the UK, not with all the trouble and expense there. I buy the Daily Star twice a week as it has other uses apart from reading it. Oh, bye the way. I saw a Romahome today at 4:45 pm heading along the rue de montpellier, it was a C15 version but not geonomad.

Dog lovers do not read any more.

There is a red Renualt Master van here. Inside lives a big, fat, pot bellied, old, bold headed, useless tramp and he has a boxer dog but he keeps it in the cab section whilst he sleeps and drinks in the rear. The dog is so thin and weak looking that I have decided to report it to the local animal protection society. If any knows who I should call please let me know as I do not have a number nor do I ever seek help from the police. It gets sooooo hot here and inside the van must be Hell and I'm sure it's illegal even though the French are known as being crual to there animals.

So not a good report but camping in France has good points and bad points.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi Pete,

I awoke at the edge of the lake this morning and it was non stop raining. I decided to drive to agde but even there it was non stop raining. So now I am back at base but for a limited time as there are too many arguments and near fight. I'll probably stay in Sete or I could go to nr Meze depending on a lady I know from the french class.

Hope you're are well

rios

Leave a comment:

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
Working...
X