Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else in La Belle France right now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else in La Belle France right now?

I've noticed a couple of posts from members who have been or are preparing to set off to France. Was wondering if anyone's here now and whereabouts you are? Might be good to swap experiences, what's the weather like in various regions, etc?
    I haven't got off to the best of starts, having returned to my Romahome at the end of the crossing on Tuesday to discover a small lake of diesel underneath it, I took it to the garage where it's hopefully being attended to as I write and I'm hoping (fingers and everything firmly crossed) to collect it this evening with a view to setting off at the weekend. The plan is to potter around Picardy for a week or so, and after that I can't decide whether to head west to revisit Brittany or east to revisit Belgium, or some other direction entirely to discover somewhere new.

Meanwhile, chez moi in Lower Normandy the weather is pleasant, sometimes blue skies and sunshine, sometimes overcast, warm but not too hot.
    Away with the Fairies

Coming down in a couple of weeks, heading south to Bordeaux one of the only areas we have not visited in France. May move across to the Tarn region to tick that off from the list. Final time in the van as is sold on return.

Tony Anchorman

Comment

Sounds good. I've never been to Tarn either. I have to admit was a tad disappointed by Bordeaux, I think simply because so many people rave about it that I expected it to be something really special. I found it nice enough but I can't say it blew me away. But it was peak holiday season when I was there and it was a tad overrun with tourists and I don't like touristy places, so perhaps bad timing, or maybe I didn't choose the best places to visit. Enjoyable nonetheless. Make the most of your last trip in the van :-)
      Away with the Fairies

Comment

We're coming over on the 5th Sept, only as far as Camping le Chaumiere, Buysscheure near St. Omer. We're picking up a 1987 Dragonner caravan for restoration, but we'll make a holiday of it as well. Its an interesting little 'van which we will use for British Retro events, whilst keeping our Royale and the Talbot Camper for European events. Well, that's the plan, anyway...........................!

Comment

We have a ferry booked for a weeks time. Brussels to see my son then to the French Alps Vanoise and around.

Comment

Discovered an R30 on site near Le Mans yesterday, nice chat with the owner. Currently near Bordeaux but has been absolutely chucking it down today, hope the weather improves tomorrow

Comment

Yes the best of the weather seems to have gone, unfortunately. Monday in Ch√Ęteaudun was nice. Been back in Normandy since then and it's drizzly with the odd hour of blue skies and sunshine. Fingers crossed it improves for you anchorman. If not well there's always the wine to cheer you up
              Away with the Fairies

Comment

Down at Mimizan Plage way down south west and the weather is now a superb 29 degs today. Definately drinking too much wine. Every hour is Wine O'Clock.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X