Pet passports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pet passports

I don't want anyone to have the experience I have just had returning from France.
    I had my Yorkie examined and all the necessary done by a vet in St Omer, at the correct time I arrived at the port Dunkirk, and was immediately told that I could not travel as my pet passport was incorrect, the vet had dated all his entries as June when it was still May. I was told at the port, no problem there is a local vet who can correct it, and was given directions to the Loon Plage vet. I waited for nearly an hour in the vet waiting room only to be told "you will have to contact your vet to fax me with the proof", my French is not up to that. So, a mad dash 38km to St Omer to get it corrected, and 38km back.
    DFDS were very good they allowed me to travel on the next ferry without any penalty, but it is not what you want to hear "You cannot travel", check that all is in order before you leave the vets as the UK border agency have no lee way to let you through.

Thanks for the warning John, what a worry that must have been.

People travellling with pets to France be aware!
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
      Thanks for the warning John, what a worry that must have been.

People travellling with pets to France be aware!
      oy,what are you doing here Graham,you`re supposed to be packing boxes,emptying the loft and the garden shed,cleaning the place for the next owner,mowing the lawn,redirecting the mail,and making sure Pauline doesnt get stressed.
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
        oy,what are you doing here Graham,you`re supposed to be packing boxes,emptying the loft and the garden shed,cleaning the place for the next owner,mowing the lawn,redirecting the mail,and making sure Pauline doesnt get stressed.
        Can't resist popping on now and again to see how things are going.

Saw John's post and noticed no one had answered so I felt sorry for him.

Cleared the garden shed 100's of homeless spiders roaming the area now. Redirected mail, lots of packing done yesterday (knackered). Waiting for son to help with loft.
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
          Can't resist popping on now and again to see how things are going.

Saw John's post and noticed no one had answered so I felt sorry for him.

Cleared the garden shed 100's of homeless spiders roaming the area now. Redirected mail, lots of packing done yesterday (knackered). Waiting for son to help with loft.
          Dont forget to phone all utilities for final bills,its the one most people forget.
          Tell the council tax folk you are moving,you might get a rebate.
          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X