As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New section

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    New section

    As I suggested this section, s'pose I'd better post here. Anyone with advice on travelling abroad, we are all ears.

    Something we realised when arriving on to ACSI sites abroad. If you've never visited the site before and intending to stay more than one night, always pay for one night on arrival. Found that if the facilities block, pitch or whatever leave a little to be desired, we move on. You can always extend your stay for more night(s) in the morning.
    Done it a couple of times.

    Tony Anchorman

    #2
    Hi Tony

    Whenever we have been to France we just leave our Camping Card International at reception and pay when we leave, then they give us our card back. That way we can stay as long or as short as we like.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

    Comment


      #3
      We found that some of them want the dough upfront. Do I look shady?


      Tony Anchorman

      Comment


        #4
        camping abroad

        As we are both retiring in September we are taking our recently bought campervan through France and Spain-so far the plan is to stop just north of Le Mans in a Caravan Club site - then on to Clermont Ferrand for a stop somewhere near - then over the Millau Bridge stopping at a place called Nant. Our friends have just stayed there and said it was one of the best sites they have stayed at.

        In Spain we want to return to the rocky coast area of Palufrugell north of Gerona and after that heading down to Murcia - not sure of stops as this is our first time on the road here.

        Ian

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by anchorman View Post
          We found that some of them want the dough upfront. Do I look shady?
          You must look shady because I don't think we've ever been asked for the money up front. When we arrive I ask if we can leave our Camping Card International and pay when we leave and it's never been a problem.

          Try it next time and tell them I will vouch for you.
          Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

          Comment


            #6
            Ian
            When we did Costa Brava by plane, we loved Callella de la Pallafrugel. You've got us wanting to return. Maybe one day in the Motorhome.
            Remembered the scary flight into Gerona with bad turbulence!

            Tony Anchorman

            Comment


              #7
              Palufrugell

              Thanks Anchorman

              We travelled by car my brother in law and myself sharing the driving -it's a long way stopped at a Formula one near Clermont Ferrand and no Millau Bridge-our wives sensibly went by Eurostar and TGV and we all met up at Perpignan then travelling to an apartment a stone's throw from the beach some of the hotels overlooking the bay looked fantastic but we didn't have much money in those days.

              We are really looking forward to our return we have some friends who now live near Perpignan so will stay with them before crossing over to Spain.

              Ian

              Comment


                #8
                Roger Green

                Originally posted by ian1948 View Post
                As we are both retiring in September we are taking our recently bought campervan through France and Spain-so far the plan is to stop just north of Le Mans in a Caravan Club site - then on to Clermont Ferrand for a stop somewhere near - then over the Millau Bridge stopping at a place called Nant. Our friends have just stayed there and said it was one of the best sites they have stayed at.

                In Spain we want to return to the rocky coast area of Palufrugell north of Gerona and after that heading down to Murcia - not sure of stops as this is our first time on the road here.

                Ian
                We just had a fantastic 3wks from here down through France on to N.Spain then to Portucul. You wil love every min of it we did and we shall be back. i think we have a few camp spots. The wild ones.
                Roger Green.Roger Green.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Hi Tony, that's good advise regarding paying for one night if the site warden does not accept your Camping Card International and pay when you leave as Graham does.
                  I carry the camping and caravanning club prepaid MasterCard, that offers free ATM withdrawals, no purchase fee abroad or in the UK, safe and convenient alternative way to carrying cash, more to the point will save you money on banking fees, the euro Prepaid Currency Card, worth a look.
                  Unfortunately I have to spend this winter in the UK due to a knee replacement operation in November, but next year arround December 2012 I plan another Spain/France trip, as follows:
                  Portsmouth to Bilbao, stop the night on the outskirts of Madrid, next towards Murcia then stop off at Mojacar by the sea, then on to Camping Los Gallardos site for Christmas staying three months for €735 untill mid March, then I plan to go along the coast to Alicante, Valencia night stop, Tarragona, Barcelona night stop, then over the border into France using France Passion motorhome stopovers with the wine-growers and farmers of France, first night stop arround Perpignan, on to Aix-En-Provence night stop, then find a site on the outskirts of Nice for about two weeks as my son lives in Grasse, then back to Aix-En-Provence, Clermont-Ferrand, Bourges, Orleans, Evreux, Le Havre, then ferry to Portsmouth for the drive back up to home at Cleethorpes ready for the next spring meet with the small motorhome forum members in 2013, that's my plan anyway. Get away for the winter.
                  http://www.campinglosgallardos.com/default.cfm
                  Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
                  'Live without regrets'

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by gadgetman View Post
                    Hi Tony, that's good advise regarding paying for one night if the site warden does not accept your Camping Card International and pay when you leave as Graham does.
                    I carry the camping and caravanning club prepaid MasterCard, that offers free ATM withdrawals, no purchase fee abroad or in the UK, safe and convenient alternative way to carrying cash, more to the point will save you money on banking fees, the euro Prepaid Currency Card, worth a look.
                    Unfortunately I have to spend this winter in the UK due to a knee replacement operation in November, but next year arround December 2012 I plan another Spain/France trip, as follows:
                    Portsmouth to Bilbao, stop the night on the outskirts of Madrid, next towards Murcia then stop off at Mojacar by the sea, then on to Camping Los Gallardos site for Christmas staying three months for €735 untill mid March, then I plan to go along the coast to Alicante, Valencia night stop, Tarragona, Barcelona night stop, then over the border into France using France Passion motorhome stopovers with the wine-growers and farmers of France, first night stop arround Perpignan, on to Aix-En-Provence night stop, then find a site on the outskirts of Nice for about two weeks as my son lives in Grasse, then back to Aix-En-Provence, Clermont-Ferrand, Bourges, Orleans, Evreux, Le Havre, then ferry to Portsmouth for the drive back up to home at Cleethorpes ready for the next spring meet with the small motorhome forum members in 2013, that's my plan anyway. Get away for the winter.
                    http://www.campinglosgallardos.com/default.cfm
                    Good for you Bryan, what an adventure, well done mate, hope it all goes to plan.
                    Graham
                    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Wish we could come too Bryan. Got to wait until 2014 to retire and go for longer than two weeks at a time!

                      Tony Anchorman

                      Comment

                      320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

                      Collapse

                      728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X