Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

route advice and overnight stops please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gasgas View Post

If you like extraordinarily high viaducts, just take the E70 across the top of Spain. We did, a few months ago. It is a motorway with no tolls and it is flat all the way, zooming very very high over each and every valley it comes across. It is new, flat, no potholes, hardly any traffic (you might see another vehicle between you and the horizon if you are lucky) and is a wonderful road.

I wonder who paid for it? If you are as cynical as I am, you might ask yourself if the EU can pay for roads like that which hardly anyone uses how is it that we have to pay for a high speed railway in our country?
    I don't know abiut the E70 bridge but AFAIK the EU didn't put any funding inti the Millau viaduct. It was a commercial venture using private funding and a repayable eu loan, wasn't it?
    Away with the Fairies

Comment

At this rate we will have to move an innocuous post like this "how do we get to Spain, where do we overnight" to the politics section. Is nothing sacred

Comment

Thank you all, interesting suggestions and good advice. Snow chains are ordered but will stick with ordinary tyres as we only plan to go to Spain and France so far. Definitely using the western route. Cheers.

Comment

Once in Andalusia we used snow chains to get ourselves out of sandy mud. Not just for snow.

Comment

Originally posted by Derekoak View Post
            At this rate we will have to move an innocuous post like this "how do we get to Spain, where do we overnight" to the politics section. Is nothing sacred
            As I said, its hard to be not pollutical....a word I probably made up earlier on....#27.....changed the spelling now, added one little L....

Comment

The eastern route is probably easier from France into Spain in Winter times, as the Pyrennes are lower there....easy crossing towards Barcelona......

Lots of camping places at the beaches between Bezier and Perpignan...some directly at the etangs....when they are closed at tis time of the year nobody minds if motorhones are using the reception area outside......next to the etangs one might wake up and see Flamingoes, as some of them are not going south anymore...might be Global Warming.......

IMG_20191223_201150.jpg

http://www.parc-naturel-narbonnaise.fr/
              Last edited by NiedrigerIQ; 23-12-2019, 19:12.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions we had a great trip! Got storm bound in Denia while the raging waves and 60 mph winds wrecked the promenade but lovely campsite (Los Pinos). Lovely little site en route on the way down, near Angouleme run by an English guy and Hungarian woman - https://www.campinglft.com/ first rate. Also thoroughly recommend https://valenciacamperpark.com/welcome/ a perfect place from which to visit Valencia easily - they sell train tickets and the station is 300 metres away. Nice little cafe there too.

Comment

welcome home

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X