Portugal....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portugal....

Portugal ,i have been told,has banned overnight stops in Campervans...you have to book into a campsite.

Doesn't have to be an actual campsite though does it, I thought Portgual has quite a lot of stopovers like the French "aires"? I'm (nearly) sure Camperstop had a section on Portugal.
    Away with the Fairies

Comment

Originally posted by Voyageuse View Post
      Doesn't have to be an actual campsite though does it, I thought Portgual has quite a lot of stopovers like the French "aires"? I'm (nearly) sure Camperstop had a section on Portugal.
      Yup i ve done it many times inmy VW years ago...laybys etc......dont quite remmber where i read it..but it said they have now banned stopping anywhere ???

Comment

I think it's just wild camping that's been stopped - actually I think technically it wasn't allowed before but it was tolerated, and it's been decided not to tolerate it any more. But AFAIK, official stopovers like aires are perfectly fine, it's what they're for. It's the "unofficial" places like beaches where lots of vans used to stop, that they're cracking down on. I think.
        Away with the Fairies

Comment

I think it's just wild camping that's been stopped - actually I think technically it wasn't allowed before but it was tolerated, and it's been decided not to tolerate it any more. But AFAIK, official stopovers like aires are perfectly fine, it's what they're for. It's the "unofficial" places like beaches where lots of vans used to stop, that they're cracking down on. I think.
          oh i see.....

Comment

Yes, that's right. Still loads of official aires you can stay at. Although a few do charge, most are free and last time I was there we stayed on one which was free and had EHUs.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X