New Restriction In France From April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Restriction In France From April

Looks like this one coming in April, so watch out.....

http://connexionfrance.com/Breath-te...w-article.html

As for the speed cameras , a useful site

http://english.controleradar.org/

This site is for info only, we do not approve of some of these methods !!

Tony Anchorman
    Last edited by anchorman; 01-01-2012, 12:23.

Originally posted by anchorman View Post

Tony Anchorman
    Hi Tony
    An interesting article, although I've found the French police will find any excuse to give an on the spot fine. I might only be my opinion but I felt that vehicles with British plates on seem to get targeted so I try very hard not to give them any reason to pull me over.
    I used to drive a 38 tonner to Italy and back every week clocking up nearly 100,000 miles a year and in the end used to get the ferry to Belgium instead of Calais because the Customs always were after a bribe if they found the slightest flaw in any paperwork.
    My French isn't very good and I've been fined for parking without lights, (I was doing 80 kph at the time in broad daylight)

Peter

Comment

I have emailed the French Tourist Office for clarification. Watch this space.

Peter

Comment

The wild one

When will the world learn. Its bad driving that kills. NOT SPEED. Iv been trying for over 40yrs to make sure that every body out there has to take there test every 10yrs, and if they fail, off the road till you pass!!! I had to do this for my flying test, puplic bus test, etc..
        Originally posted by anchorman View Post

As for the speed cameras , a useful site

http://english.controleradar.org/

This site is for info only, we do not approve of some of these methods !!

Tony Anchorman
        Roger Green.Roger Green.

Comment

I think you are right, but surely a slow 'bad driver' is less dangerous than a speeding one?
          Aileen.

Comment

I believe like Colin that on the subject of speeding people are firmly entrenched and there is little point really of tapping out an answer. But I have weakened. To nail my colours to the mast I do think speed is a MAJOR, contributer to the fatalities on the roads and I believe this is bourne out by the stats.

It is also a fact that if a pedestrian perhaps a child steps out in front of you (not your fault) that the faster the impact the more likely the fatality!

I do believe that the speed limits are an excellent idea and should be enforced more thoroughly. Perhaps we should have a lower limit as well, particularly in built up areas. I say this as somebody that as run foul of a speeding camera but still thinks they are a good idea... . I went on a very good speeding course afterwards and it was very imformative.

I do agree when drivers are not able to keep up with the traffic flow because they are not competetent they are a hazard but perhaps we should all remember that sometimes people are just LOST. Perhaps we should all remember that impatience is another big cause of accidents.

I also believe that the major problem is many people enjoy driving fast and are frustrated at speed retrictions. Perhaps it should be easier for them to access a racing track and have a Clarkson hour every week to relieve the frustration. But please not on our roads.
            Last edited by Tentpeg; 03-01-2012, 07:04.

Comment

Wow!! I just totally agree with everything you posted, Tentpeg!

Comment

I have had the following reply from the French Tourist Office

Dear Sir/Madam,
                Thank you for your enquiry.

Sorry we do not have yet any information on the changes, so please try on
                our web site www.franceguide.com and also on
                http://about-france.com/travel.htm
                bon voyage.

I have looked at both websites but cannot find any reference to breathtest kits.

Peter

Comment

Speeding and Throttle angles

I have always held a theory that a lot of speeding has to do with the design of the car. I am referring particularly to the position and angle of the accelerator. Often I find that my speed is creeping up and then I realise that the angle of the accelerator is not comfortable to my foot at 30m.p.h and my foot has gradually relaxed which increases the speed. Perhaps some research should be done to find the most comfortable angle for the accelerator and that angle should then occur when the vehicle travels at 30m.p.h. on a flat road. Just a thought. Graham (and Carole)

Comment

Originally posted by GeeCee View Post
                    ... I realise that the angle of the accelerator is not comfortable to my foot at 30m.p.h and my foot has gradually relaxed which increases the speed.
                    Could that be something to do with your seat position Graham?

I've found something similar and taking the seat back one "click" has helped, certainly on long motorway runs or the like. Not that I've too much leeway given my diminutive stature!

Geoff
                    Geoff

Comment

Why is the most comfortable driving speed always 10% more than the speed limit ?

derek b and Babs
                      derek b and Babs

Comment

When will the world learn. Its bad driving that kills. NOT SPEED. Iv been trying for over 40yrs to make sure that every body out there has to take there test every 10yrs, and if they fail, off the road till you pass!!! I had to do this for my flying test, puplic bus test, etc..
                        All driving is bad if it is too fast for the road conditions. And despite everything Jeremy Clarkson and his cronies say, almost no-one can judge the correct speed properly.

This is borne out by the experiment Oxfordshire county council made when they switched off their speed cameras for a year. Speeding rates went up significantly, and so did accidents.

There's a road near where I grew up that has a 30mph limit. I went to school with the girl who became the reason that road has a 30mph limit. Everyone thinks it's too slow, but that's only because they don't remember the lovely girl who died there.

So I'm for them. In fact, if it was up to me, I would allow the police to keep speeding and driving without due care and attention fines as an incentive to give them out more often.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X