Traveling through Spain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traveling through Spain

Later this year I will be traveling through Spain from Bilbao to Mojacar but will need to make a night stop on route just south of Madrid, does anyone know of a camp site around this area, not wanting to wild camp for security reasons as I travel alone, does anyone have any suggestions, many thanks.
    Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
    'Live without regrets'

We stayed in a ACSI site in October in Aranjuez just south of Madrid-very good site with good facilities - showers, shop and restaurant. We are hoping to stay longer this year as we would like to visit Madrid and Toledo. It is very popular with vans from the UK as it is about halfway to southern Spain.

Ian

Comment

Hi Ian, thanks for that info just what I'm looking for, any idea of the site name, will look it up. Many thanks.
      'Live without regrets'

Comment

Bryan

I think Ian is on about ACSI site Internacional Aranjuez.
        Download the sites onto either Google Earth or a sat nav, free from here

http://archiescampings.eu/downloadpage/

CCA on the map is Camping Card ACSI

As you can see from pic2, I don't think you'll be short of campsites!

Just to get you in the mood....
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHTIHvhn6bc

Tony Anchorman
        Attached Files
        Last edited by anchorman; 20-01-2012, 12:17.

Comment

We too are off to Spain later in the year, so all the above useful. We are going to Santander, then on to Almeria where we have relatives, home along the coast, and through Andora to France. Having never travelled through Spain any recommended sites appreciated!

We have both the ACSI book and Camping Cheques. You can download a Camping Cheques campsite list to your android phone. It is a free app and lists all the sites with relevant contact details etc, the beauty of this app is you don't have to go on line to check for sites, you can bookmark the sites you think are suitable. (Come to think of it a bookmark in you site book just as good! Though you can't phone them with one click!...We do like our gadgets!)
          Grey Nomad

Comment

Hi greynomad I spent over two years in Almeria in a place called Mojacar, loved the place, made many friends there, at the end of this year I'm going from Portsmouth to Bilbao on Brittany ferries, then night stop just south of Madrid, first time at Camping International Aranjuez http://www.campingaranjuez.co.uk/val...ervations.html

Then off next morning to Camping Los Gallardos http://campinglosgallardos.com/ where I'll be staying for two or three months, I have friends living here full time, I use toll routes in Spain the Spanish keep off them so very little traffic on them I find very good way of travelling, then heading off for the long hall to Nice staying on the way here and there making the use if France Passion through Vicarious Books http://www.vicariousbooks.co.uk/ I will find a camp site near Grass Nice where my son lives for two weeks before heading North through France Stopping off here and there as I go, no hurry to the Calais Dover ferry and on to my home in Lincolnshire.
            That should get rid of most of the winter, I hate the cold. I always plan my trips well ahead, ordering enough medication (insulin & tablets) in advance for a three and a half month trip, have an understanding with my doctor as I'm away for the winter. cold weather payment helps with the fuel bill.

Enjoy your Spain trip later in the year, safe journey.
            'Live without regrets'

Comment

Hi Gadgetman, Mojacar lovely, visited there when staying with sister and brother in law who have lived near Vellez Rubio for the past 5 years. Almeria a lovely area. Haven't planned our route yet, only booked the ferry, Portsmouth to Santander, (Brittany Ferries) back Caen- Portsmouth. (live in Southampton so Portsmouth handy!) Intend to take our time to Almeria, the Madrid site looks good for a few nights, hopefully explore Madrid. (Though if truth be told we prefer country and sea to cities!) Have the ACSI book and Camping Cheques, use both a lot when in France. Have eyed up the France Passion but not got around to investing yet!

Lucky you, away for the winter! Good you have an obliging GP! We only have R20 Hi Lo think any longer away than 6 weeks, we'd probably kill each other!

Camping in Spain will be new to us, we usually stay with sister in law or at my nieces villa in Monte Pego, Denia! Brother in law informs us some good vineyards about en route to them,which is always a bonus! Looking forward to the experience!

All the best, safe travels and enjoy your winter sunshine! Grey Nomad

Comment

Hi graynomad, Yes Mojacar is lovely, my daughter has a dozen or so apartments she rents out at Spirit of Mojacr, and two Villas in Marbella, so I'm spoilt for choice, but this time my visit is in my four berth Herald Squire, I agree with you I would rather travel country and sea routes, but I stayed over a few nights in Madrid at the Hotel Opera, to view the city, I took the cite seeing bus and was amazed the buildings are an architectural marvel, one of the best city's I have seen.
                My GP is not that obliging I have to stock pile ove a period of three months, getting two months stuff each month, it's against the law to issue three months supply in one month, many pensioners do this so they can get away for the cold winter. :so happy:

I had C15 Romahome but it was not big enough for me, so I sold it and purchased my Herald Squire, four birth with toilet and shower, and all the trimmings, I love it, plenty of room with only me .

Been out today to the beach at Cleethorpes, just eight miles from my home, parked up had lunch looking out to sea, sun was out, loved it, just to get away from the house.

Have fun with your camping in Spain, enjoy the vineyards en route to your destination, a bonus indeed! visit the bodegas for wine, good value for money, stop of at a tapas bar for a snack, what a life....... I could go on, the life I love, and all in the sun.
                'Live without regrets'

Comment

My Spainish France excursion

TRAVEL PLANS FOR SPAIN & FRANCE 2013
                  My vehicle is Ford Transit, Herald Squire RL four births, Engine 2.5 TDI, length 5.59 meters, Height 2.9 meters, Fitted 80 watt Solar Panel on roof, Cycle rack for two cycles. Gas alarms.

Set off Sunday 30th December 2012, depart Portsmouth 22:00 on Brittany ferries for Bilbao arriving 07:30 Tuesday 1st January 2013.

Tuesday 1st January 2013 Drive 277 miles five hours to just south of Madrid to Camp Aranjuez International for one night stop, departing Wednesday 2nd about 09:00 driving 305 miles about five hours to Camping Los Gallardos stopping off now and then for a break, this is my Spanish destination for three months.

That takes us up to March, then I’m heading along the coast a trip of 865 miles to Grasse just outside Nice France to visit my son and grandchildren for a couple of weeks, I head off along the coast to the outskirts of Valencia 245 mile trip some four hour trip, find a night stop, 2nd day again along the coast through Barcelona over the border and into France and on to Perpignan, night stop, that’s another 332 miles off my journey.

In France I will be using “France Passion” through Vicarious Books the principle is simple, motorhome owners displaying the France Passion sticker can stay overnight or for 24 hours at the participating farms and vineyards free of charge. With no booking it's on a first come, first served basis, I should be fine at this time of the year, all that is necessary to enjoy this amazing stopover network is to remember to say "Hello" and "Goodbye"! Out of good manners buy some wine or produce on departure.

Grasse is now just 290 miles away some five hour steady drive along the French coast passing through Montpellier, Nimes, Aix-en-Provence, Cannes, and finally on to Grasse, again stopping for breaks and scenery, the camp site I have in mind is Camping – Caravanning La Paoute, 160 Route de Cannes, 06130 Grasse, staying for two weeks near my son Colin’s home to enjoy some valuable catch-up time with Colin and my grandchildren Bella Honey and Lula Ray.

Return to England and the long journey home to Lincolnshire, again using France Passion, I will use Le Shuttle for a first time experience, so my journey will be back through France some 765 miles from Grasse to Calais, passing back through, Aix-en-Provence, Montelmar, Lyon, Treyes, Reims, Saint-Quentin, onto Calais for the Le Shuttle to Folkestone, Le Shuttle cost is around £80.00, then to Penn, Wolverhampton to see in my family for a few days, and then homeward bound to North East Lincolnshire. That’s the winter out of the way.
                  'Live without regrets'

Comment

I can't fault you Bryan, good on yer mate. Enjoy.
                    Graham
                    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

That sounds a fantastic way to spend the winter months, Bryan.

Di.

Comment

twin1

Originally posted by gadgetman View Post
                        TRAVEL PLANS FOR SPAIN & FRANCE 2013
                        My vehicle is Ford Transit, Herald Squire RL four births, Engine 2.5 TDI, length 5.59 meters, Height 2.9 meters, Fitted 80 watt Solar Panel on roof, Cycle rack for two cycles. Gas alarms.

Set off Sunday 30th December 2012, depart Portsmouth 22:00 on Brittany ferries for Bilbao arriving 07:30 Tuesday 1st January 2013.

Tuesday 1st January 2013 Drive 277 miles five hours to just south of Madrid to Camp Aranjuez International for one night stop, departing Wednesday 2nd about 09:00 driving 305 miles about five hours to Camping Los Gallardos stopping off now and then for a break, this is my Spanish destination for three months.

That takes us up to March, then I’m heading along the coast a trip of 865 miles to Grasse just outside Nice France to visit my son and grandchildren for a couple of weeks, I head off along the coast to the outskirts of Valencia 245 mile trip some four hour trip, find a night stop, 2nd day again along the coast through Barcelona over the border and into France and on to Perpignan, night stop, that’s another 332 miles off my journey.

In France I will be using “France Passion” through Vicarious Books the principle is simple, motorhome owners displaying the France Passion sticker can stay overnight or for 24 hours at the participating farms and vineyards free of charge. With no booking it's on a first come, first served basis, I should be fine at this time of the year, all that is necessary to enjoy this amazing stopover network is to remember to say "Hello" and "Goodbye"! Out of good manners buy some wine or produce on departure.

Grasse is now just 290 miles away some five hour steady drive along the French coast passing through Montpellier, Nimes, Aix-en-Provence, Cannes, and finally on to Grasse, again stopping for breaks and scenery, the camp site I have in mind is Camping – Caravanning La Paoute, 160 Route de Cannes, 06130 Grasse, staying for two weeks near my son Colin’s home to enjoy some valuable catch-up time with Colin and my grandchildren Bella Honey and Lula Ray.

Return to England and the long journey home to Lincolnshire, again using France Passion, I will use Le Shuttle for a first time experience, so my journey will be back through France some 765 miles from Grasse to Calais, passing back through, Aix-en-Provence, Montelmar, Lyon, Treyes, Reims, Saint-Quentin, onto Calais for the Le Shuttle to Folkestone, Le Shuttle cost is around £80.00, then to Penn, Wolverhampton to see in my family for a few days, and then homeward bound to North East Lincolnshire. That’s the winter out of the way.
                        Los Gallardos.wonderful camp site know it well.New swimming pool great.
                        Almeria is a lovely area. We often stay Mojacar. May see you down there sometime.Well done on booking early. seem to leave everything to the last minute at our end.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X