As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travelling round Europe - any mosquito net recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travelling round Europe - any mosquito net recommendations?

Hello Everyone,

Me and a couple of friends will be travelling round Europe in the summer, and we're planning on buying mosquito nets just to in case we end up in any mosquito infested ares. So, can anybody recommend a good net that will fit in or over a tent?

Thanks!

I can't offer any advise but I have seen this sold in a few shops which may help?

http://www.nikwax.co.uk/en-gb/produc...=492&activity=
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Thanks Glen, that looks useful. I've found some nets that have that built in actually: some of the mosquito nets on this site are the ones I was thinking of getting. But if I can spray the tent then that should mean I don't need to buy a net at all.

Comment

Forget the net just go into a supermarket and buy a plug in device made by rapid (or similar) not the liquid type but those that hold pastels (for safety), plug in when you go to bed and you will be bug free, brilliant things have been using for years in Spain (my ex attracted mosquitos from a 100 mile radius!)

If you are at Spring meet I can show you as are in the van.

Ann & Rosie

Comment

The SAS use Skin So Soft by Avon!! it's not a repellent but there is something about it that mossies can't stand, we put some on our bare arms and offered them to the mossies we couldn't believe it when they backed away and wouldn't come near!
          derek b and Babs

Comment

Well, I gave in a bought one! It's a pop up net, so I'll use it instead of a tent. I'm really rather excited about giving it some use in the great outdoors!

Comment

Mozzy Help

Mosquitos hate the smell of lemon, so if you can burn lemon scented candles outside your tent or area that helps keep them away, if you do get bitten just rub a little vineger on the bite and the itch stop irritating within minutes!

Keith

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X