Holland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holland

We have to go to Holland in a couple of weeks and we have decided to make a bit of a holiday of it.

We have never been before. has any one got any information that may be useful including campsites.

Thanks

Peter

I met a couple of people from Holland last year on a campsite in England! They are very enthusiatic about camping over there, and according to them, no shortage of campsites, although I don't know of any myself. The Dutch mostly speak English too, so you shouldn't have any problems!

Comment

Enjoying the Netherlands

Originally posted by peterholden View Post
      We have to go to Holland in a couple of weeks and we have decided to make a bit of a holiday of it.

We have never been before. has any one got any information that may be useful including campsites.

Thanks

Peter
      Carole and I go touring Netherlands for 10 days starting 8th May. It is all being arranged by a Dutch friend, so I cannot comment on campsites but I have been, and have driven, in the Netherlands many times. The people are wonderfully friendly, 99% speak perfect English and understand English jokes, and they always seem to be very innovative in what they improvise for their caravans. Remember cyclists are god; if you hit one it is your fault! Mostly cyclists are on wonderful cycle paths, often behind hedges beside the main roads. Sometimes these hedges have a gap where the cyclists shoot out and cross the main road to the hidden cycle track on the other side of that road. Be aware of this! The food available is great although the standard breakfast of cheese and a selection of hams is not to my taste. Coffee and beer are both very good. The weather can be wet, often is. Not for nothing do they joke that the national dress of Netherlands is a sou'wester and boots! The police are very reasonable and act as tourist guides as well. I hope this is of some help. You'll enjoy it. Graham (and Carole)

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X