European insurance cover OVER 90 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

European insurance cover OVER 90 days

I’m hoping this is an easy one for people to answer. I’m in the final stages of planning our 3 week trip through France and Italy to Greece. Our camper may be out of the UK for almost a year, even though we may make the odd flight back. What is the best way to get reasonable motorhome insurance for extended periods and with whom?

T1

Comfort Insurance used to do a 12month cover might be worth getting in touch with them. It was very good even had a drive you back cover in case of emergencies. Drove a firiend and his van back when he was too ill to drive.

Comment

Safeguard and eu/uk breakdown cover is in automatically....plus my dutchman is insured to drive here and europe....couldnt get anyone else to do it..

the cost of the insurance and eg..rac uk and eu cover added together came to the same price....£432 unlimited time in europe which is good as I aim to be in Holland for 3months in one go...

Comment

T1

so pleased to hear you have sorted it.Sounds very good for 12 months and no worrying.

Comment

From reading on other forums the problem is not 12months but that if you come home and leave your camper in Europe somewhere it is not insured whilst you are away from it.

Peter

Comment

T1

Originally posted by peterholden View Post
            From reading on other forums the problem is not 12months but that if you come home and leave your camper in Europe somewhere it is not insured whilst you are away from it.

Peter
            We have known people pop home for emergency visits to family but they always leave there vans on site where they are staying. These are usually ones with security at night and lots of people round there pitch who keep an eye out for them.

I think in good faith you can plan to go on a trip for a few months but never know when you will be called back. Our friends rang up there insurers and a driver was despatched to drive them from switzeland back home to their front door. he insisted on seeing them in to their home. Wonderfull service.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X