This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new portable shower!

I read on a different forum that a lot of people use these in their awnings, so I thought I'd bite the bullet, as I haven't got a shower and will soon be going to a non EHU/or anything weekend festival site.

Took a whiley to get it working properly as you have to fix all the bits together, says how to operate on the side of the tank.

Watered the flowers, so far, so good....

Had a shower (in my shower cubicle at home) with it this morning!

It holds 5ltrs of water and has a tiny shower hose at the end. If you wet yourself, switch off, lather and then switch back on to rinse, it works very well! You would need to wash your hair separately. Mix hot water (not boiling!!!) with half filled cold water until the right temp.

It has a trigger spray which you hold, so directional. If you hung the shower head up, you would need a peg or something to keep the trigger on. And you will need a plastic tub/container/maybe a shower curtain to contain the waste water...

But just as an occasional shower-cum-all-over wash, it's effective - and easier than standing at a sink!!!
    Attached Files

I have used a solar camp shower!
    A big black plaggy bag you leave in the sun all day!

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
      I read on a different forum that a lot of people use these in their awnings, so I thought I'd bite the bullet, as I haven't got a shower and will soon be going to a non EHU/or anything weekend festival site.

Took a whiley to get it working properly as you have to fix all the bits together, says how to operate on the side of the tank.

Watered the flowers, so far, so good....

Had a shower (in my shower cubicle at home) with it this morning!

It holds 5ltrs of water and has a tiny shower hose at the end. If you wet yourself, switch off, lather and then switch back on to rinse, it works very well! You would need to wash your hair separately. Mix hot water (not boiling!!!) with half filled cold water until the right temp.

It has a trigger spray which you hold, so directional. If you hung the shower head up, you would need a peg or something to keep the trigger on. And you will need a plastic tub/container/maybe a shower curtain to contain the waste water...

But just as an occasional shower-cum-all-over wash, it's effective - and easier than standing at a sink!!!
      Right, we will all be queueing up at J.J`s car and body wash.
      Do we bring our own soap?
      Ian
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
        Right, we will all be queueing up at J.J`s car and body wash.
        Do we bring our own soap?
        Ian

Comment

Originally posted by satchmo_shaz View Post
          I have used a solar camp shower!
          A big black plaggy bag you leave in the sun all day!
          Thought about one of these too, although the reviews aren't good. Mostly re: the sun warming it up, though. So why couldn't you just add a bit of warm water to it if it's not warm enough?

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X