This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slmline Water holder

I remember seeing Jayjay's wonderful slimline water holder for drinking water with tap. If you read this Jayjay, where did you get it and how much does it hold? If anyone else can recommend one that is suitable for slim spaces in a Romahome, I would be be grateful.

Here's the thread, Flo -

http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/foru...read.php?t=526
    on the second page of equipment - but read on, as it didn't turn out to be useful at all after filling, it sprung a leak - at the tap end. Could be just me though, I always seem to end up with the naff one out of the box!

TBH, I found the spring water containers from Morrisons, Tescos and the like were much better than any of the camping ones, 4ltr for approx 98p - and they come ready filled the first time LOL!! Only thing is, they don't have a tap - although they do have a carrying handle! My son saved me a 3ltr bottle of squash when empty, much better to carry, and still with a handle!

Now I'm really posh, I have a water carrier and a little lever operated whale pump with a tap!

Don't you have a pump and water carrier underneath the sink?

Comment

We have been using the mineral bottle ones too but wanted to get a food quality that does not contain BPA or the like. Have replaced my little water bottles that I keep in fridge for drinking. We use the under sink cupboard for cans and want water holder to be on work top.

You are posh with your kit!

Have a good time at the festival.

Comment

In that case, get a rigid food quality one, they last a darned sight longer and some have taps too! I also thought about the throw away ones and the BPa, but before I had a water pump, I don't think the water was in there long enough to infuse with plastic chemicals! Never heard anyone dying of it either, although I've heard if the new ones are left on the shelf too long it can be detrimental to health. Water in a bottle in a fridge has only approx 1-2 weeks before it's unfit for use I think.

Comment

In the hot weather I have noticed that the bottles get really warm and there is never enough room to get decent size bottle in fridge and unless we keep running to the tap, we really do need a decent bottle rather than the recycled forever mineral water ones . You don't die of PBAs but with grandchildren maybe joining us I am probably over zealous and as we are away so much we probably drink more warm bottled tap water than ever!

Remember though that they once thought asbestos was quite safe to work in!

My walking mates are really pleased with their aluminium £ shop drinking bottles but think I will stick to stainless!

Comment

Don't you have a little 12v water pump. tank and tap?

I had a 25 litre rigid water container and a whale submersible. The water stayed pretty cool inside the cupboard under the sink.

The caravan I have now has just been fitted with a Whale Flipper pump which is gravity fed from a small 27ltr fiamma water carrier. This sits underneath the caravan in the shade and that also keeps the water cool.

The problem with any water carrier left out by the sink is that the water in that will soon warm up as well... Has your fridge got a place you could make ice cubes? That's a good alternative. Or a fridge jug if you can fit one in, they come in pretty narrow designs and are food quality.

Comment

Am I dying?? Am I poisoning myself with BPa??
              I've no idea! What the heck is BPa??
              Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
                Am I dying?? Am I poisoning myself with BPa??
                I've no idea! What the heck is BPa??
                See this article.. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...er-bottle.html

BPa is just one of many toxins that are infused into standing water from a plastic container. As milk and other liquid food items are also sold in these plastic containers, where do we stop?

My next question would be.. although so called 'food quality' water storage is supposed to be better re. the above... how do we actually know this?

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                  See this article.. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...er-bottle.html

BPa is just one of many toxins that are infused into standing water from a plastic container. As milk and other liquid food items are also sold in these plastic containers, where do we stop?

My next question would be.. although so called 'food quality' water storage is supposed to be better re. the above... how do we actually know this?
                  How did our hairy ancestors survive!! - They had a thing called an immune system and colonies of friendly bugs in thier guts - and so do you.So stop worrying. As Golda Meir said "You want to live forever?"

Ian
                  Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X