This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potti Problem !!

When we got our Thetford it was in working order. It pumped, but as we were not using it we emptied and stored. This time we were away I wanted to use it but it wasn't pumping anything through. I have a feeling I lost the rubber seal on the screwcap of the upper compartment when I cleaned it up. Is there meant to be a rubber seal in the screw cap as there seems to be no pressure to flush. It isn't a major problem as I can just rinse with a bit of water. I'm sure I can get a seal from a hardware store...
    Jessie

What model Thetford? On my luggable 335 which pumps OK, the cap has no seal. In fact there's a very small hole in the cap, possibly to let air into the top compartment as the water is pumped out?
    Neil

Comment

it's a 165, yes ours has a little pinhole too. Mmmm maybe not a seal then, Hubby has informed me that the whole thing comes apart anyway as he found their website so maybe that's what we will do,(take it apart) might be a blockage in the tubes!!!! shouldn't be!! I thought I cleaned it thoroughly when we got it.
      Jessie

Comment

there's a download PDF manual on the Thetford site:

http://www.thetford.com/HOME/PARTS/P...9/Default.aspx

If the link doesn't take you straight to it, go to the main page, then look down the left hand side for manuals.

Comment

Thanks jayjay
          Jessie

Comment

Not trying to teach you to suck eggs but !

You have filled the top chamber up with rinse aid and water?

I knew somone who only put the Blue loo in the bottom and thought that this got pumped around !

Comment

Is it a manual or electric pump?

I've found with manual ones that you need the top tank to be at least half full to pump properly.

That's why I just use the kettle or a mug (whatever is handy) to flush mine as I don't want the extra weight of keeping the top tank filled.

Comment

Hello Caz and Reggies dad

We did fill the top tank but it wasn't pumping out. It is only for emergency use and we decided same as you Caz flush with a bit of water, But, will check it over again in the spring with another full top tank, maybe I wasn't pressing the plunger hard enough!!
                Jessie

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X