Double Skillet Video Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Skillet Video Review

I have uploaded a video review of the double skillet if you want to view it go to our Youtube channel.

DOUBLE SKILLET REVIEW

Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

I think we'll have to get one of these. I'll put it on my Christmas list!
    :sunshine:

Comment

Did anyone spot the deliberate mistake!!!

Comment

Oh oh. I had to view it again to see what you meant. It just shows who does the cooking in our van.

Unless you've spotted another mistake I think I put the pans the wrong way round.

That's my filming career over.
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Your videos are great and think you should nickname yourself 'spielberg'.

I love your videos and this one just made me smile, particularly as you pretended not to notice that the pan was sliding around a bit. You are right though, as I did guess that you were not the main cook in your van. I wondered if you had had a few of the cooks treats of a sip or two of the old cooking wine.

Comment

Originally posted by Annie van View Post
            Christmas came early - at Shepton Mallet to be precise! Went and saw the double skillet demo, and bought one, and the heat diffuser. Have done baked potatoes (thanks for your home grown spuds Jill - Sidick!) Also have been using it at home this week and have had some very tender chicken breast fillets with bacon and potatoes, and cheese and tomato toasties and banana toasties tonight. Very impressed.
            Mary
            :sunshine:

Comment

Originally posted by Annie van View Post
              Hi

We were at Shepton too and couldn't resist the temptation. We tried it at home with a small roat joint and it was brilliant.

Comment

I won mine in the competition on here!

Have been using it ever since - in the house! (I haven't been away in the 'van since I won it!) Also bought the heat diffuser as well. It's wonderful. I've never switched on the kitchen oven since I won it.

Comment

Double Skillet

Can anyone tell me if there is a supplier of double skillets who is able to deliver to France. The website of D & F Products suggests they are only able to deliver to the UK mainland, but it could be an old page.
                  Thanks

Comment

Hi,

I wanted to purchase a skillet but was worried that the website looked out of date. I emailed them and I received an email a few days later. So they are still active, they have recently moved from Norfolk to Kent. I wanted the small double skillet as there are only two of us, and we have a two burner hob. So I was worried that the 9.5 inch would not fit. Unfortunately they only had the large available. I waited for 3 weeks for the small to come back into stock. They then cancelled my order, so I replaced it ordering the large one as I went out to the van and did a careful measure. I searched the web and these are the only people that make this sort of thing. The next closest was a turnable double fish fryer on eBay, but this would not do all the things that the skillet would. The 9.5 inch would fit my hob using it doubled up, or I could use just the one pan, or one above the other, but I would not be able to use the two pans side by side.

My skillet arrived on Wednesday, and we took our first trip away on Thursday for two nights. I took the double skillet and left my Remoska at home so that I was forced to use the skillet. It worked well. I learn't a lot, and we had some really tender Lamb cutlets, and Salmon ( not together) using the remoska receipt that puts sliced potatoes in a foil parcel with cream, garlic, and chives. Another parcel with Cabbage, Leeks, and Carrots, and the last with the Salmon. It took a little longer but most of that was my fault I did not realise that I should warm it up WELL before using it. Also putting cold stuff in foil parcels meant that it the cooking time had to be extended. The lovely thing with that receipt is there is so little washing up. But I'm a happy bunny, and plan to practise at home over the next few weeks.

The only thing to beware of, and if anyone is going to do it IT'S me! When you separate the two pans when using them as an oven the hinge is at the far side so you tend to opened the top pan, tilting it away from you, and steam can escape onto or close by your hands so WEAR OVEN GLOVES. The other thing is that you really need a heat proof surface to put the top pan onto when dishing up. I have a large square silicon mat.

Sorry I hope this is of some interest. I know when I was thinking of buying I tried to read every bit I could on here to find out how they worked.

Lynn

Comment

Cor! That reads like War and Peace.

Sorry

Comment

good to read your comments - I've been thinking of buying one for a while - but must admit when I am away I don't really want to spend hours cooking. I want something quick and easy!! Especially if the weather is not so good and I can't have windows open to let the steam out!! But the skillet still sounds a useful piece of equipment. I may get one, one of these days

Comment

Originally posted by LynnH View Post
                          Hi,

I wanted to purchase a skillet but was worried that the website looked out of date. I emailed them and I received an email a few days later. So they are still active, they have recently moved from Norfolk to Kent. I wanted the small double skillet as there are only two of us, and we have a two burner hob. So I was worried that the 9.5 inch would not fit. Unfortunately they only had the large available. I waited for 3 weeks for the small to come back into stock. They then cancelled my order, so I replaced it ordering the large one as I went out to the van and did a careful measure. I searched the web and these are the only people that make this sort of thing. The next closest was a turnable double fish fryer on eBay, but this would not do all the things that the skillet would. The 9.5 inch would fit my hob using it doubled up, or I could use just the one pan, or one above the other, but I would not be able to use the two pans side by side.

Lynn
                          We tried this year to buy one eventually got an email from them where they said that they had them in stock. My husband ordered one to be delivered to an address in the UK as they won't deliver in France. Unfortunately, when he ordered online it took the delivery address as being the same as the billing address i.e. France. He emailed them to say that we'd made a mistake and could it be sent to the UK address supplied but had no reply, next thing we know is our money's been returned without any comments. We've now bought a double tortilla pan which is smaller so won't do quite as much as the double skillet but we can 'roast' chicken quarters in it. We had to get that delivered to the UK too. Shame really as I'd rather have had the Double Skillet.

Linda

Comment

Finally got our Double Skillet in August, had to get our daughter in the UK to buy it for us and pick it up on a visit. We've been using it in the house to practice before our next trip back to the UK for Christmas. I'm surprised how often I use it - it's nearly put the Remoska out of business but they will both have their uses when we are away on long trips.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X