This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on Nova Trilogy mini awning

Well we finally got to try the awning out on a few wet and windy days at the Grin Low campsite near Buxton. Size wise it is great, accommodating 2 adults and a wet dog in her pen quite nicely. We had a few difficulties pegging out as the site is built on a quarry, and needs steel driver pegs, which we didn't have, and didn't realise until too late that the site shop sold them. The other major problem we had was that the tunnel was not long enough to go over the roof very far when the roof of the R20 was up, and when the wind billowed in through the sides of the tunnel, which were very generous, it kept coming off. Obviously not helped by our problem with pegging out. We overcame it to some degree by securing the tunnel over the lower edge of the roof which is exposed when the roof is raised, and this seems to be the correct height for the tunnel. We still had a problem with it slipping off, but at least we could reach it easily to put it back on. The awning was incredibly easy and fast to erect, so I am thinking about how I can adapt the tunnel. I am thinking of putting a velcro strip along the lower edge of the roof which is exposed when the roof is up, and then sewing a corresponding strip along the awning tunnel edge. This should deal with attaching the tunnel, and the Velcro strip should not take up any room which would interfere with the canvas as it is folded down. The generous sides I'm still thinking about! Before I do anything, I'd really appreciate any comments or suggestions. I'm sorry there are no photos, but the weather didn't encourage getting out the camera. We are off to Cornwall early in September, so I will try to take some then.

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
Working...
X