As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

kindle owners?

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kindle owners?

I have been reading about Kindle ereaders on another forum and it appears they may have almost got the formula right to make them a good alternative to carrying umpteen books in my camper. I also love books and once I have them on my bookshelves find it very difficult to let them go!
    Does anyone have any experience of these good or bad?

Lizzie

I too have been looking at the kindle, but the books which I read are not free, so the advantage would be many books into one, I normally read a book aday when I am away so that is about 50 books, I generally carry about 10 then swap the best I can.

Comment

There is some more about e books here: http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/foru...ighlight=books
      Colin

Comment

kindle owners?

Thank you Colin totally missed the origioal thread! Still tempted - I love a bit of technology even at my age!

Comment

I have bought a Kindle recently and love it. Very easy to use and takes up little space. Have as many books on as want. I like the fact that you can alter the size of the text.
          Still waiting to collect our R25!
          Jennie

Comment

Amazon have got the Kindle working very nicely, and people seem to love it.

However it might not be suitable if you enjoy seeing your books on a shelf. I tried to persuade John to have one, but when we investigated the books he likes to read, they were quite expensive on Kindle. He also confessed that if he downloaded a book that he really enjoyed, he would just have to go out and buy the paper edition too! So we are sticking to proper books for the time being.

I do have a Sony E reader that I 'inherited', and can download library books for free (a service not available on Kindle), but I find the choice of titles available a little limited.
            Mary

Comment

I received a Derbyshire County Council news sheet today.
              It seems that the e-books loan facility at the County Libraries has taken off like a rocket.
              At the bottom is a footnote that Amazon refuse to let their Kindle versions be available.
              Jim.
              Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

E Books

Hi All, .. I have a Sony E Reader but my Friend has a Kindle we mainly like Crime/Thriller/Mystry we both have about 5000 books anyone interested in DRM free books give me a PM for a sample

Alf

Comment

I've had my Kindle for over a year and I wouldn't swop it for the world it is brilliant, if you search Amazon you will find thousands of books that are free or less than £1, I have found loads of new authors I wouldn't have even looked at but with the kindle prices being average 70p I have download oh lets just say quite a lot I was one of these that loves my book cases, having 2 wall prrox 4m x 2.4m h filled with fitted bookcases and still full even after giving away approx 500 books recently.

I still love my proper books but love the kindle especially when going away, I no longer need to carry loads of books, when I went on holiday to the US recently I just took my kindle, I read over 15 books but only had to carry the kindle in my handbag a great relief with weight restrictions.
                  A dog is for life, for loving and forever, and x3 is even better :)

Comment

I really want one too but was put off by the cost of books. After reading Kipsy's post I am interested again.
                    Regards, Robinjim.

Comment

The new kindle's now start at about £50 to £139 for the colour one
                      Alf

Comment

you got peggy wanting to spend more money! Lol

Comment

Hi all

Don't forget if you are interested in buying a Kindle from Amazon you could do your favourite forum a massive favour by buying from the link below. It won't cost you a penny more but it will earn precious pennies to help us fund our running costs for the forum and website.

Thanks

AMAZON KINDLE
                          Graham
                          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Will use link, looks like im gonna be father christmas!

Comment

Originally posted by Hubcap View Post
                              Will use link, looks like im gonna be father christmas!
                              Yippee
                              Home is where you park it :laughing:

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X