Anybody got the JML Halogen Cooker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody got the JML Halogen Cooker?

After much pestering from Sue, I have just got her this cooker.

Seems very good - Sue doesn't really enjoy cooking these days - but we did a 4lb roast chicken and spuds in it today - and it all came out gorgeous!!

Camping-wise, the cooker is rated at 1300 watts, so I imagine most EHU's should cope with it OK. Seems you can cook most things in it, as it incorporates a covection fan, which circulates the hot air around the food.

It comes with 2 wire racks - a low one, and a high one - we put the bird on the low rack, and the spuds on the high one. We had to turn the chicken over a couple of times, basting with the juices in the bottom of the bowl. About 2 hours total cooking time on our first attempt - well impressed.

Mike

How big is it Mike? Sounds interesting.

Comment

We keep looking at one of these but we would like to know more

Comment

They do look good, video HERE

Still probably stick with the double skillet though.
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

I expected it to look like a microwave oven, it is more like a steamer!

Comment

Amazon have them for sale here, cheap price too.

JML Halogen Oven
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Sorry for the delay in responding - it's about 15" across the handles, so a fairly chunky bit of kit!!

One adverse comment on it - unless you pay extra, you don't ( or didn't ) get the Cookbook with it - that was £4.99 extra from JML - plus a minimum postage of £6.99!! However, I have seen it on offer WITH the Cookbook included - so you need to shop around.

I did find it on eBay for £34.95 in Weston-S-Mare - but with £12.99 carriage!!
              Just 20 miles down the road from me - but no, we couldn't pick it up in person - they weren't geared up for that, blah, blah....!!

In the end, I ordered it direct from JML, together with the Cookbook, an extension ring, and a wire lid stand. Not cheap - but JML products seem to reduce in price as the novelty of them wains - the Nicer Dicer (another grreat bit of kit ) was £29.99 - now have seen them for about £8 in markets, etc.!!

Mike

Comment

Halogen Cookers

T J HUGHES have them, Cheapest at £39.99 "HERE"
                Gunerdoo Do It Tomorrow ?

Comment

Well, here's a turn-up for the book - seems Aldi are doing what looks like exactly the same cooker as the JML this Sunday coming for ............£29.99 !!

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/2827_12701.htm

I've carefully compared this picture with our JML - and it looks identical.

Obviously, JML don't make them - they're only a marketing company - so it seems another container has come in from China without the JML logo, destined for Aldi !!

We can really recommend ours - wouldn't like to be without it now - and at 1300 watts should be ideal to take camping with you.

Mike

Comment

Has anyone tried the one from Coopers of Stortford?

http://www.coopersofstortford.co.uk/...FSQhtAodJHsAUA

We have had a Remoska for years and use it in the Roma as well, but yet again I have been wondering about one of these (for at home as it seems it is a bit heavy and bulky to take out & about)

thanks in advance for any reviews - this site is invaluable for quick questions like this
                    Sue

Comment

If you have a Costco card the halogen oven is available from the store with all accessories for about £35 including vat. They are the same as the ones Costco use in the store and have a replaceable halogen bulb which is better protected than the Jml one. Our Jml bulb burnt out and it wasn't replaceable.

Comment

Originally posted by Artoo02 View Post
                        Has anyone tried the one from Coopers of Stortford?

http://www.coopersofstortford.co.uk/...FSQhtAodJHsAUA

We have had a Remoska for years and use it in the Roma as well, but yet again I have been wondering about one of these (for at home as it seems it is a bit heavy and bulky to take out & about)

thanks in advance for any reviews - this site is invaluable for quick questions like this
                        Ours is a Coopers one, we have had it for 3 or 4 years now and its been utterly brilliant, wouldnt be without it. We dont tend to take it camping with us but at home we use it for virtually everything. Its worth getting the extending ring that lifts the cooking element higher so you can fit more in.
                        Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

I always thought that most EHU's have very limited Wattage. Well below the 1300W quoted here.
                          Does anyone know what a typical maximum EHU Wattage is?
                          Jim.
                          Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
                            I always thought that most EHU's have very limited Wattage. Well below the 1300W quoted here.
                            Does anyone know what a typical maximum EHU Wattage is?
                            Jim.
                            There is a useful Data Sheet on the CCC webpage
                            http://www.campingandcaravanningclub...lp/datasheets/
                            Sue

Comment

Originally posted by Artoo02 View Post
                              There is a useful Data Sheet on the CCC webpage
                              http://www.campingandcaravanningclub...lp/datasheets/
                              Thanks Sue. That is very useful. It does mention that some may be as little as 5 amps (1150 Watts) which is too little to support the JML oven mentioned in this thread. In fact too little for many domestic kitchen items. Unless selected with care.
                              Selection of items to use on EHU looks rather chancy unless some standard of supply evolves.
                              Jim.
                              Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X