As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Micro towels

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Micro towels

Has anyone purchased the micro towels?? looks like they would be ideal for our bongo....not sure about the price though.. or are they worth it

Irene

Hi Irene

There was a big thread last year about micro towels, it might help you

http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/foru...read.php?t=220

Meow is the time to chill with my cat =^..^=

Comment

This thread from a while back is all about the towels!! We bought them and now use nothing else when away in the van
      Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

We posted at the same time Glen, how's that for service!

Meow is the time to chill with my cat =^..^=

Comment

Looks like there is a big selection - anyone recommend a particular product?

Barbara Anne

Comment

Even the cheapie ones from Home & Bargain, B&M's and the like are pretty good! I think the cheaper ones probably won't last as long though. Another downside is that you need to wash them without using fabric conditioner as they become less absorbent - and that goes for the expensive ones as well!

The over-riding problem with the cheapies is that they only seem to come in white, and that soon turns to grey. I'm about to see if I can get my towels (the cheapie ones) back to snowy white through soaking with bicarbonate of soda. Will report back on the effectiveness when I get a round-tuit.

Whichever ones you buy, they are great for getting dry in a small space very quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by Pauline View Post
              We posted at the same time Glen, how's that for service!

Great minds hey?!?!?
              Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

They are great, but I still take a normal towel with me to the shower block etc as well as my micro towel. I was psychologically damaged as a teenager when the fire alarm went off when my class had swimming lessons and we had to stand outside in our cossies! Therefore, normal towel comes with me just in case something similar happens, as the micro towel wouldn't cover my blushes.

Comment

Originally posted by Aileen View Post
                  They are great, but I still take a normal towel with me to the shower block etc as well as my micro towel. I was psychologically damaged as a teenager when the fire alarm went off when my class had swimming lessons and we had to stand outside in our cossies! Therefore, normal towel comes with me just in case something similar happens, as the micro towel wouldn't cover my blushes.

You could buy a larger one. I use the extra large one at home and carry a spare of this size in my Roo. They take up very little space and dry fast with no smell - all of which is important in a very small van. If you buy frm Amazon then you'll also be supporting this forum too!
                  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lifeventure-Soft-Fibre-Towel-Extra-Large/dp/B000R2GF1Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1294574015&sr=8-2
                  Last edited by Graham; 09-01-2011, 16:56. Reason: Changed link to benefit forum

Comment

Originally posted by karenw View Post
                    You could buy a larger one. I use the extra large one at home and carry a spare of this size in my Roo. They take up very little space and dry fast with no smell - all of which is important in a very small van. If you buy frm Amazon then you'll also be supporting this forum too!
                    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lifeventure-Soft-Fibre-Towel-Extra-Large/dp/B000R2GF1Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1294574015&sr=8-2
                    Hi Karen

Thanks for the "support the forum" plug, I have edited your post to change the link so that if someone clicks on it we will get commission. Hope that is ok.
                    Graham
                    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                      Hi Karen

Thanks for the "support the forum" plug, I have edited your post to change the link so that if someone clicks on it we will get commission. Hope that is ok.
                      Of course it's OK!!! Every little helps. If we all make Amazon purchases via the forum then small amounts of commission can mount up - and, as shoppers, it costs us nothing!

Karen

Comment

Of course it's OK!!! Every little helps. If we all make Amazon purchases via the forum then small amounts of commission can mount up - and, as shoppers, it costs us nothing!

Karen
                        Spot on! Thanks Karen.
                        Graham
                        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Just followed my own advice and placed another small order via your link!

Sometimes I forget. Is there any way that an Amazon link could be placed on each page of the forum - eg at the foot of the page next to the donation button? This would then act as a reminder to all of us.

Comment

Just followed my own advice and placed another small order via your link!

Sometimes I forget. Is there any way that an Amazon link could be placed on each page of the forum - eg at the foot of the page next to the donation button? This would then act as a reminder to all of us.
                            Thanks Karen that is a good idea, I will ask the webmistress to get on that straight away.
                            Graham

Comment

micro towels

Originally posted by taxi irene View Post
                              Has anyone purchased the micro towels?? looks like they would be ideal for our bongo....not sure about the price though.. or are they worth it

Irene
                              HI irene, I went to shop called Mountainlife this week and got water proof overtrousers and a big micro towel for £17 in the sale.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X