As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low Power Oil Filled Radiator

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low Power Oil Filled Radiator

Hi,
    I wonder if someone could help. I seem to recall someone posting on the forum that they used a low powered oil filled radiator to keep the interior warm during cold nights in winter. I think it was suggested that it was only 100watts but I have been unable to find one so low in power. Can someone help with where to get one of these?

Many thanks

TonyC:

Hi Tony - this is the one I have, you could order it from within the site if you go through the Accessories store link.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/DeLonghi-Bam...110090&sr=8-13

It's 500w (never seen one with lower wattage than that) and penty big enough for a small motorhome or caravan. I have to turn mine down a lot of the time as it gets too warm! Added advantage is that you can leave it on low all night, no noise (apart from a little click when the thermo goes on or off) and small enough to find a space for. Love mine!

PS good grief - never noticed the price. There are other different makes of small rads cheaper in the same place though. I believe B&Q also sell a 500w version.
    Last edited by jayjay; 15-01-2011, 16:56.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyC View Post
      Hi,
      I wonder if someone could help. I seem to recall someone posting on the forum that they used a low powered oil filled radiator to keep the interior warm during cold nights in winter. I think it was suggested that it was only 100watts but I have been unable to find one so low in power. Can someone help with where to get one of these?

Many thanks

TonyC:
      They are 500,800 &1000W,
      I use an 800W,fab in the frost,leave it on all night with the thermostat turned down about 1/3.
      cosy.
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

There is one on Argos that is quite reasonably priced and its 1kw

OIL FILLED RADIATOR
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

This one is a 450w one.

450w HEATER
          Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

They used to make "Very Low" tubelier heaters, as low as 25watts and around a foot long, for use as frost heaters, where you may hane seen them in places like campsite & events porta loo's.

I think they went up to around 5 foot lond and 125 watts.

These may be of use to keep the chill off and the inside free of damp.

Comment

If I have done it right, this is the oil filled radiator heater we got. We thought Dimplex was a well known make and it was one of the smallest tiny radiators we found. We had to get EHU put in the van. It has been great, kept us warm at night in very cold weather.

Patricia

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00011FW6K

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                This one is a 450w one.

450w HEATER
                ...which looks remarkably similar to the 600W one I bought from Dunelm Mill.
                Neil

Comment

I have both the De'Longhi Bambino and Dimplex radiators and both are very good in a small van. The Dimplex is slightly narrower and shorter but I found it doesn't radiate heat quite as well as the Bambino.

It's possible to find both in DIY stores at around £30 and worth shopping around.

Comment

I've done a video review of ours on our youtube channel.

HERE
                    Graham

Comment

Originally posted by TonyC View Post
                      Hi,

Many thanks

TonyC:
                      I was not sure if you meant a really low powered unit to leave on in the van while it is parked up at home.......this kind of thing Link Which is 180W

Or a small radiator to use to keep warm and snug while on site. There are lots and lots of those around. Like this 450W one Link

We use a tiny fan heater to get really warm and snug, and then switch to the radiator for all night background heat. Not managed to trip any electric hookups yet (fingers crossed)
                      Mary

Comment

Check this out

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/re...Redirect=false

CPC are well known in Education and in the Electronics Industry

Comment

Low Power Oil Filled radiator

Hi All,

Many thanks for all the responses. I have checked them all out and although some appear to be "not available" at presesnt, there will certainly be one I can use. Although expensive I think I am leaning towards the DeLonghi Bambino taking into account the reports above.

Many thanks for your help

TonyC now with a warm glow!

Comment

Hi TonyC
                            Though the DeLonghi Bambino is expensive it's perfect for a small van, well worth the money, you get what you pay for, I have it, used it in my C15 brilliant, now at night in winter use it in my Herald Squire. Happy warm bunny.
                            Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
                            'Live without regrets'

Comment

A wise choice in my opinion. I've used some of the cheaper 450-500w radiators but the Bambino is the best by far (also updated my Amazon review of it today to take this into account). I don't think you'll regret this purchase. Although the same wattage as the cheaper brands, it does seem to radiate heat more effectively.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X