This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raskelf Duvalay sleeping bag.

I am wondering whether to buy a Raskelf Duvalay sleeping bag. The alternative is a memory foam mattress probably about an inch thick. I thought that the Duvalay would take less room however as I wouldn't need any more covering . Any ideas or experience of the Duvalay anyone? Are they warm enough? I see that the top part is only 4.5 tog.

Hi Bluebell

We've got one and I've done a video review of them here: http://www.youtube.com/user/Smallmot.../8/biBVA55RKJw
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebell View Post
      I am wondering whether to buy a Raskelf Duvalay sleeping bag. The alternative is a memory foam mattress probably about an inch thick. I thought that the Duvalay would take less room however as I wouldn't need any more covering . Any ideas or experience of the Duvalay anyone? Are they warm enough? I see that the top part is only 4.5 tog.
      This winter I have been using A 4.5 tog duvet to lie on and a 15 tog ontop and in the freeze a 2nd 15 tog.
      I was snug as a bug in my Roma,it was fab.
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

I would say 1 inch memory foam isn't enough, based on the topper we bought. We ended up buying a second topper to go on top of the first!! There is different densities of foam too so of you go down that route check out the differences.
        Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
          This winter I have been using A 4.5 tog duvet to lie on and a 15 tog ontop and in the freeze a 2nd 15 tog.
          I was snug as a bug in my Roma,it was fab.
          Are you still hibernating where ever you are at moment Ian?

The first day of spring is at the very least 4 weeks away

PS. we got snow falling up here today

Billy

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer101 View Post
            Are you still hibernating where ever you are at moment Ian?

The first day of spring is at the very least 4 weeks away

PS. we got snow falling up here today

Billy
            hibernating? I thought that was something only Hibernians did!
            No,pal,I camp all year round,I just believe in staying comfortable.
            Ne`er cast a clout till May be out - -and even then I wouldnt be too quick.
            see you at a meet chum.
            Ian

Comment

see you at a meet chum.
              Ian[/QUOTE]

Hi Ian, will do my best once i am able to afford the price of a full tank of fuel to get me their and back

Billy

Comment

I bought a inflatable mattress, but I found that it was like sleeping on the surface of the sea, and I kept rolling off it.
                So I gave it away and I have invested in a new kind of inflatable mattress, this one has vertical air pockets, which stop the sides collapsing when you are sleeping, it also has a built in pump with a remote control on a long lead, so that you can let a small burst of air out. It is called a comfort setting.
                I found the mattress is very comfortable, but I must give a word of warning.
                Please do not buy it on my reccomendation, as it will not suit everyone.
                The web site is www.aerobed.co.uk

Comment

I bought a double duvet cover and sewed it down from top making two pockets, (one pocket a 1/3 of the cover and one 2/3rds)

I bought a double memory foam mattress topper and cut it in half to fit into the 1/3rd pocket and a single duvet fits in the other pocket.

If I did it again I might use a kingsize duvet cover.

I have made us one each, hence the double mattress topper cut in half.

Duvet cover in colour to suit and tog rating to suit too.

Very comfy and warm.

Comment

We love our Duvalays - they are one of the best things that we have bought.

Most of the time the supplied quilt is fine, but when the weather is cold I put a down quilt inside as well and that keeps me lovely and warm.

Comment

Agree with Wendy that they are comfortable and the idea of having a duvet and foam topper all joined together with no gaps makes it really nice and comfortable to sleep in. No draughts and it does not slip off as your weight keeps it steady. You can get out easily in the middle of the night for those little trips too.

We sleep as soundly as we do at home. Ours are homemade because Terry has to have a 15 tog duvet even in Summer and I like a Winter weight one and lighter one for Summer and I wanted a particular duvet cover to match the van and I love sewing and am always looking for a project! Otherwise we would have bought the real thing. I reckon that they are a good product.

Comment

We checked out the Raskelf Duvalays at Shepton Mallet Show last year, and they are good, but expensive.

I converted our ancient sleeping bags by buying a king size 1 inch mattress topper and cutting it into 4 lengths, using 2 thicknesses for the base. I have shaped the top to be wide for the shoulders and much narrower for the feet end. They are much better than sleeping bags. In really cold weather we just add a lightweight duvet over the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Flo View Post
                          Agree with Wendy that they are comfortable and the idea of having a duvet and foam topper all joined together with no gaps makes it really nice and comfortable to sleep in. No draughts and it does not slip off as your weight keeps it steady. You can get out easily in the middle of the night for those little trips too.

We sleep as soundly as we do at home. Ours are homemade because Terry has to have a 15 tog duvet even in Summer and I like a Winter weight one and lighter one for Summer and I wanted a particular duvet cover to match the van and I love sewing and am always looking for a project! Otherwise we would have bought the real thing. I reckon that they are a good product.
                          Hello Flo,
                          I have sent you a private message.
                          Ian

Comment

Thank you everyone. Your replies are really helpful. I'll look at all the options.

Comment

I don't like to say it, but I sleep better in the van in a Duvalay than I do in my bed! At £120 a pop not cheap, but can't imagine travelling without them now.

Tony Anchorman

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X