No announcement yet.

Portable Car jump Starter...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there are jump leads that plug into the cigarette lighter socket, yiu plug one in the camper and into the one in the car and this trickle charges the flatter battery and takes up about the size of a sat nav when rolled up

Comment

Originally posted by Donk's Dad View Post
      there are jump leads that plug into the cigarette lighter socket, yiu plug one in the camper and into the one in the car and this trickle charges the flatter battery and takes up about the size of a sat nav when rolled up
      Isn't there a danger of just ending up with two half charged batteries? Neither capable of turning the engine over?

Comment

After reading numerous dubious "reviews" on these, I eventually went for this one:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suaoki-G7-...72.m2749.l2649

Although many look similar, they vary a lot in their features. I went for this one as among other things, both it's USB outputs could charge at 2.1 amp at the same time while others shared the 2.1 amp between them both. Also the output of the notebook charger is selectable making it far more versatile. It's also worth checking that they can be recharged via 12v as some are mains charge.

I haven't tried it as a starter yet (which is to me it's primary purpose), But fully charging a tablet and two phones from flat it only dropped it to 96 %.

It's well made with a good range of fittings and a good tough case.

There are many cheaper, and some more powerful, but from what could be gleaned from the obviously tainted reviews, this one does seem to be better built than the cheaper ones and for my own purposes, more versatile than some of the more powerful ones.

I will be checking it's starting ability and will post results.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only

Collapse
        Working...
        X