This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Micro towels

Has anyone tried these and what is your opinion? My son in law raved about them, so we bought 2, I tried it out and not very impressed, maybe I just like the feel of a good old fashioned terry towel. The reason I did buy them was because they aren't bulky and dry quickly. I will persevere and get to like them!! (I think )
    Jessie

I use them all the time and find them so effective that we now use them at home too in place of the old cotton towels.

They're lightweight, highly-absorbent and they dry quicky - important at this time of year.

Unlike cotton towels - you pat yourself dry rather than rub and this makes a big difference. After a shower, try wrapping yourself in it for a few minutes. You'll probably notice it feels warm rather than cold as it absorbs moisture and when you unwrap yourself, you'll probably find you're much drier than if you'd used the 'old' type.

After a few uses I was converted and have never looked back.

Comment

Micro Towels

Just had a look at some Micro Towels and will have to have a go at one just
      to see what they are like
      Gunerdoo Do It Tomorrow ?

Comment

I use mine in the 'van and in the house. Not as good as a fluffy towel, but great for wrapping long hair up in, almost dry when you unwrap to blow dry... that's what I use them for in the house. Use them for all in the van as they are so light and easy to dry out, unlike the terry towelling ones! Just wish I could find some in a different colour to white, as after a weeks camping, they are getting too grubby to hang out! LOL!

ETA I bought mine at Home & Bargains for either 2 or 3.99, can't remember which. They last a long time, but try not to use fabric conditioner on them if you can as it cuts down the absorbancy.

Comment

Micro Towels

Hi JAYJAY try here "AMAZON" for different colours

Comment

If you want a bargain, try these from Field and Trek, currently on promotion. I've tried and tested them (see review) and they're brilliant - and I can't spot any performance difference between these and the full price LifeVenture!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...px !important;

Comment

Mmmmmm maybe I should have looked around... I paid £30 for 2 at milletts

karenw .. I shall take your advice and 'pat' dry (I wonder if he will be around at the right time) sorry.. I thought I was being funny but if there was pat and he was tall dark and handsome!!!!!!

My hubby says he will suffer them only for when we go away

thank you all for your feedback
              Jessie

Comment

Originally posted by karenw View Post
                If you want a bargain, try these from Field and Trek, currently on promotion. I've tried and tested them (see review) and they're brilliant - and I can't spot any performance difference between these and the full price LifeVenture!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...px !important;
                Just Ordered a large and a small one and will keep you posted on what we think of the Towels Thank You for the Post
                Gunerdoo Do It Tomorrow ?

Comment

feedback from hubby on towels. He used it this morning... knock me down with a feather!!! he is impressed.
                  Jessie

Comment

I'm sure you'll all soon be converted once you're used to them and used to patting dry rather than sandpapering with a Terry towel!

Although originally bought for camping/sailing trips, we haven't used 'conventional' towels in the house for a few years now. (They're also good for mopping up condensation too - but with insulated Romahomes, this probably isn't an issue!)

Comment

Towles,.. lol.....

Am i the only, naturist on this site? as a naturist we seldom use towles to dry, but DO sit on them a lot! we always drip dry with the sun on ya bum in no time at all lol
                      Rob,:thumbsup:

Comment

They look a good idea, Was just about to order a couple but wondered if we could get them through the forum accessories store, that way we help fund the forum?? Graham, Pauline, could you add them to the store???
                        Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Thanks for the plug and the thought Glen I have added a selection of micro towels to the Accessories Store in the Camping Accessories section. If you want other specific ones you could always click on the Amazon link at the top of the store and this will also be tracked and still help the forum.
                          Graham
                          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up and review on these Karenw, just ordered some!!

Thanks for adding them to the shop Graham!! So have i got this right,if I want something not on the store page, say I want to buy camera memory cards etc, if I click on the amazon header on the accessories store, it takes me to the amazon store and I can buy from there and the forum will get its payment?
                            Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Originally posted by glenw View Post
                              Thanks for the heads-up and review on these Karenw, just ordered some!!

Thanks for adding them to the shop Graham!! So have i got this right,if I want something not on the store page, say I want to buy camera memory cards etc, if I click on the amazon header on the accessories store, it takes me to the amazon store and I can buy from there and the forum will get its payment?
                              Yes that's correct Glen, if you click the Amazon header it takes you to the Amazon site and from there you can search for anything your heart desires, that is then attributed to this forum and we get a small commission for every referral we send to Amazon but you have to buy within that session or come back and use the link again, otherwise the cookie will expire and the forum won't receive the commission.
                              Graham
                              Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X