Renault kangoo 2010. boot jump

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KangooPete

from your pictures it looks like the single rear seat is on the right hand side behind the drivers seat?

With the double seat taken out the floor is level, apart from the footwell..?

Looks then as it would be easy to sleep in the car, on the floor, diagonally to give more lenghth, head in the back rear corner of the car, feet to the left behind the passenger seat, an additional cushion in the footwell to level there..?

Together with 3 boxes with lids, 2 of them on top of each other could double as a little table outside, the other with the cooker on top, one would be ready to rocknroll... :-) ?

Comment

The problem is that the seats do not fold totally down to floor level. Photos in one of my earliest posts show this New shaped Kangoo internal photos

01-11-2016, 03:38 PM

There is no problem with length as the front passenger seat also folds flat if needed.

Comment

You could level it out by building up cushions, but it makes more sense to use 10cm deep storage boxes and then either pad out the dips or lay a board on top.

Comment

My thought was taking the double back seat completely out..and fill out the space where the seat folds to, directly behind the passenger seat
          Last edited by NiedrigerIQ; 13-02-2018, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NiedrigerIQ View Post
            My thought was taking the double back seat completely out..and fill out the space where the seat folds to, directly behind the passenger seat
            That is what I would love to do if we can ever get away with only 3 travelling seats.

Comment

Originally posted by KangooPete View Post

That is what I would love to do if we can ever get away with only 3 travelling seats.
              And could provide a very low cost solution for Anita. There would still be 2 comfortable seats to sit in in bad weather and read or....(the passenger seat and the single back seat, the latter with one of the boxes as a side table to place the cookies and the tea... :-) ).

For cooking inside in bad weather, the stove placed on one of the boxes, sitting on another box during cooking or maybe one of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Folding-IBa...ing+foot+stool

An additional Euro 30 would buy this

https://www.obelink.de/obelink-tarp-1.html?sqr=Tarp&

to rig up sometning like this

900575.jpg

all the above assumes solo camping...of course...

Less than a 100 pounds sterling can stretch a long way...
              Last edited by NiedrigerIQ; 13-02-2018, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anita52 View Post

Wow I would love to do this too
                Mine is just an extension to provide a comfortable windproof area if we don't have the caravan with us. Having said that, there is enough space for a camping table and two chairs in there. The floor of the car is at just the right hight so that you can sit on it in comfort so you don't need furniture. It just provides shelter and is a bit less cramped than eating your sandwiches sat in the front seats. We carry a small camping stove which I don't like the idea of using in the car, but I'm happy to do it on the table in the awning. There are no extras inside the car. It already has more cupboard space than anything else I've seen. The camping table can be set at the same hight as the car floor and I could lay a foam mat out so that I can sleep if necessary. (Ihaven't tried it yet). It would be a bit crowded for more than one person I would think.

So what I did was this: I drilled a few strategic holes in the inside of the tailgate so I could stretch some curtain wires around the edges. Two more holes in the bottom corners for the extending tent poles. (Ebay. About £10). and that's more or less it. The curtain is 12 feet long and was a side curtain for a gazeebo but you can use anything you have handy.
                I also carry a spare which is a cotton material which I think will be cooler but not waterproof.

A few tent pegs, bungee rubbers and a couple of those suction dent pullers to stick to the bodywork to fasten them onto completes the kit, which all fits into the top locker inside the tailgate when not in use.

004.JPG
                Last edited by MYKE; 13-02-2018, 09:47 AM.

Comment

I am so glad that I tried various layouts by improvising with things I already had in the house. It helped me understand what worked for me and what didn't. Each of us has different priorities and what works for me, may not work for someone else. What I initially thought would work for me (home-made bootjump) didn't, but I learnt a lot in the process. I would not rush out and buy things until you have tried makeshift setups to see how they feel.

Comment

I totally agree with Pete.
                    Make cardboard cut outs and sellotape them together to a 3d model if you have nothing right.

Comment

Here's details of the inside of my tailgate / annex roof. The poles have to be extendable to cope with uneven ground but they also hold everything steady in windy conditions,and you can see the curtain wires which hold everything up. They don't get in the way when you close the tailgate so I leave them permanently in place. everything else fits inside that top locker you can see inside the roof when not in use.

002.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by NiedrigerIQ View Post
                        Do you need a double or only a single bed?

MYKE
                        Like #8 very much...downside probably that the fabric is a bit noisy if its windy..?
                        A single set up I think will work very well for me

Comment

Originally posted by KangooPete View Post
                          I am so glad that I tried various layouts by improvising with things I already had in the house. It helped me understand what worked for me and what didn't. Each of us has different priorities and what works for me, may not work for someone else. What I initially thought would work for me (home-made bootjump) didn't, but I learnt a lot in the process. I would not rush out and buy things until you have tried makeshift setups to see how they feel.
                          Very wise that's what I am going to work towards ASP.Since coming on here I have a clearer understanding of what I really want.Ivery much like the L shape set up
                          Last edited by Anita52; 14-02-2018, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Well, get that double seat at the back out and throw a mattress in, and drive..... :-) you will like it...no need to invest into anything.....as you already got the right car....

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X