This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV dongle for laptop

We are off to Spain next week and are back to thinking about TV not that we will watch much. Question if I get a TV dongle for my laptop will I need an aerial? and does anyone have any idea of which is the best dongle to get and is it worth buying it. Still thinking of a name for my new R20, the family do not seem to be able to agree so I think I shall have my own choice.

Name for R20.
    How about - Gwain - good celtic name,can be used as in , Gwain camping

Or,Gwen, as in gwen I get there
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

I was 1/2 thinking of using my Mothers Name Gwyn

Comment

We had one of those dongles for lap top TV a few years ago and were very disappointed with it, in fact we sent it back.

As I say it was a few years ago so perhaps they have improved now.
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
          I was 1/2 thinking of using my Mothers Name Gwyn
          Good choice! Gwyn camping,like it!
          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
            We are off to Spain next week and are back to thinking about TV not that we will watch much. Question if I get a TV dongle for my laptop will I need an aerial? and does anyone have any idea of which is the best dongle to get and is it worth buying it. Still thinking of a name for my new R20, the family do not seem to be able to agree so I think I shall have my own choice.
            We use a Mac laptop for TV: either iPlayer for BBC channels or TVCatchup-both free. You do need wifi on the campsite & software to make it appear you're in UK. I'm not 'technical' so 'Expats Abroad' provide this for £4.95 per month-it's routed through their UK servers. This will work on PCs also I guess.

We watched the World Cup & downloaded The Times for the iPad app with no problems. It's internet so obviously no aerial required.

We've just got our Camping Cheques stuff-you pre-pay at the rate of £13.95 per night for 2 adults, unit & electrics & most of the sites seem to have wifi, some limited to the admin/bar/restaurant areas.

Roger

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X