X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

windbreaker

hi all,

im looking for suggestions on a windbreak, i need it to be a tall one for privacy purposes. im going to use it as a temporary awning under my tailgate. anyway any advice suggestions welcome. thanks. maybe someone has one for sale.

sweetkwan.

Originally posted by sweetkwan View Post
    hi all,

im looking for suggestions on a windbreak, i need it to be a tall one for privacy purposes. im going to use it as a temporary awning under my tailgate. anyway any advice suggestions welcome. thanks. maybe someone has one for sale.

sweetkwan.
    Outdoor mega store has a big range but they are all about 1.5M high,normally big means LONG not tall.
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

wind brack

Originally posted by sweetkwan View Post
      hi all,

sweetkwan.
      see if eny one as a old tent

or go on free sevic site ask if eny one as one diggdeep

Comment

Here's a link for windbreaks on Outdoor Megastore

WINDBREAKS FROM OUTDOOR MEGASTORE
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

How about making one?
          Regards, Robinjim.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin View Post
            How about making one?
            4 x broom stales, sharpened at one end. (so they look like large pencils!)
            1 x shower curtain, with four equal spaced hems big enough to take the broom stales: one at each end, and two evenly spaced where you want the corners.
            Take broom stales, push them through the hems, mallet into the ground at the sharpened edge... loop guy ropes around all four tops of stales, peg to ground with tent pegs.

And there you go! A BIG windbreak.

PS to make it even longer, use six stales and make six hems to put them through.

Comment

Well I used to have a cheap beach stripey one and then got a bit above myself and bought a proper Outwell one with folding poles. Alas just could not manage to get it to stay standing in the wind at Moreton in Marsh whilst Annie's striped one with wooden poles, next door stood up to tempest and gale for the whole time!

So my super duper one with the vision panel remained folded under the floor and I sat with my hair blowing in the wind.

Of course I meant lizzie's. A senior moment!
              Last edited by Flo; 25-05-2011, 09:38.

Comment

As we all did. It was certainly a blowy weekend.

Comment

http://www.windbreakleisure.co.uk/
                  A dog is for life, for loving and forever, and x3 is even better :)

Comment

The problem with the broom stales type ones is that you have to be tall enough to reach to bang the stales in to the ground. I got a tallish beach one and have to stand on a step to bang them in. Even then if it's windy I need to guy them.

I have an Outwell one which is much easier to erect as only the tips of the poles have to be pushed in and then it's controlled by guys - but if it's windy I put extra guys on the other side to stop it blowing over.

However, it depends on how tall you want the windbreak to be - most are only 3 or 4 feet or so, possibly 5 feet. Any taller and you are really into utility tent territory.

Comment

I would endorse the need for care when erecting a tall awning in a strong wind - which is of course when you most need it!

Our awning (acquired long ago from a car boot sale) is quite steady when in, thanks to having steel reinforced hardwood poles which extend over a foot below the fabric. This means that to get it into the ground I am at first hitting a pole almost at my eyelevel. One day a strong gust of wind shook it and I ended up hitting my hand; the bruising took a fortnight to go away, and the pain rather took the fun out of the holiday!

I now use bright yellow guylines, having discovered the biggest problem with tasteful dark green ones when I went head first over one in the dark...

Comment

wind break

Hi,

I would recommend you make your own from gardening wind break material, you can easily join it to make the height you need with electrical cable ties, I made one in Saudi which also had a sunshade roof, the beauty of it is it lets the wind through so it does not blow down, use broom handles as vertical supports easy enough to get a sleeve to join poles together.

Cheap to make as well.

Bod

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X