X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single burner cookers at Asda £9.00

Hi All,
    Went to our local Asda (Brighton Marina) yesterday, they have those single burner, canister gas camping cooker with case on sale for £9.00.
    All the best
    Andyvan

Go Outdoors in Hanley they are £6.99
    A dog is for life, for loving and forever, and x3 is even better :)

Comment

My sister had one of the those and it set the tent on fire. I think it was a faulty canister.

She tells me she was boiling a kettle whilst getting dressed in the morning. The next thing the tent is alight and my sister is running around the campsite in just her knickers! Not a pretty sight, I can tell you

Seriously, though, I've always had my doubts about the safety of those things, even before my sister's alarming experience.

Comment

Thanks Dolly, I hope your sisters was a bit of a one off, mine seems to be working fine, but you can't muck about with gas! I think your post will stay with me for a good few cannister changes!
        All the best
        Andyvan

Comment

Had mine for years and it still works beautifully! When I went to Scotland to a cottage with no electricity for two days, I boiled kettle after kettle of water on mine.

However, you do need to make sure that the pan ring is set the right way up as when stored and packed away, it's upside down. Also, never use a pan that is too big and covers any part of the cannister side, as that's when you get the problems, and they can blow up or flame if the cannister gets too hot. Same if there's a breeze which blows the flame towards the cannister side.

Comment

sound advice as usual, jayjay, but I don't think my sister will be in a rush to get another

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
              sound advice as usual, jayjay, but I don't think my sister will be in a rush to get another
              No, neither would I if that had happened to me!

Thought the info might be useful for anyone else who had one!!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X