This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice

When we tried the camper a few months back, we found the bed hard to sleep on, ...for a comfy bed. camping mat or matress topper? Or memory foam? cannot decide, open for suggestions please.

beds

Originally posted by Aunt Sally View Post
    When we tried the camper a few months back, we found the bed hard to sleep on, ...for a comfy bed. camping mat or matress topper? Or memory foam? cannot decide, open for suggestions please.
    hi we are same with beds hard we use beds as sing shoping cannel 22 memory foam u can cut it to get 3 pices out wife as 2 on her side i have 1 hope that helps u out good look diggdeep

Comment

Hi Aunt Sally!
      One of the first things we did when we got our old Romahome was buy new foam cushions. Best thing we did, the beds are so comfy now. Trouble with foam is that over the years it deteriorates and becomes thin and weak, so all you can feel is the wood under the cushions! Not ideal for a good night's sleep.
      I am not keen on memory foam because it gets really hot, which is not good for middle aged women, so we decided to have ordinary foam and make nice new covers.
      Sorted

Comment

We've got Raskelf Duvalays they are brilliant.

http://astore.amazon.co.uk/smallmoca...ng=UTF8&node=9
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

thank you

Thank you for all your tips, I will have to shop around, for the best deals

Comment

Another fan of the Rasklef duvelay here.... brilliant

Comment

I have a 3 inch memory foam topper, its fine for me,you do have to research it though because in comes in different grades also some people find it to warm ,I soon got used to it. Depending on the density I can be quite heavy and hard to handle,all this said I still love it. cheers.

Comment

I have a three inch 'egg box' foam matress topper which is a bit cooler than memory foam but not much! I bought some cheap single cotton mattress covers (around a fiver) from Argos for over the top which helps to deflect the warmth off them.

Comment

Plain, decent quality, tent campers' sleeping bags straight on to the cushions for us!

Perfectly comfortable so far, but it must be pointed out we're new to vans and our experience totals four nights up to now!

Geoff
                  Geoff

Comment

After a month sleeping on the van's cushions and a duvet and the resulting aches and pains in the mornings I'm going to be starting the search for memory foam to soften the bed asap! I tend to leave the bed assembled so the weight isn't too much of an issue but a bit concerned about the reports that they are hot to sleep on - I generate a lot of body heat at the best of times, I'm the one in a t shirt when every one else is wrapped up in coats, gloves, hats and scarves.
                    Has anyone found a type of memory foam that doesn't make you sizzle at nights?

Comment

Originally posted by di allen View Post
                      Has anyone found a type of memory foam that doesn't make you sizzle at nights?
                      Nope! But these over the top might help, very expensive though I think. However, they do work, yu can read reviews all over the place about how effective they are.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Comment

We made our own 'Raskelf Duvalay style" bedding with memory foam and lightweight duvets - bought a lot of it from Ikea and it was quite inexpensive. Yes, the memory foam can make you feel hot at night. We made sure we used 100% cotton covers for the foam, and for all the bedding which helps quite a bit. I have a lot of problems with feeling hot at night, but have persevered with the memory foam and am now quite used to it.

We sleep better in our van than we do at home. I love snuggling down to sleep in the van, and waking up in the mornings. Staying at Freshwater East in Wales at the moment, can just about hear the sea if we listen hard!
                        Mary

Comment

We made our own Romalays which are a double duvet cover each ,with egg box memory foam topper and single duvet in each cover.

I do not find the memory foam topper hot at all and we sleep very comfortably lumpy side up!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X