As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ghillie Kettle

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghillie Kettle

I wanted to draw attention to the Ghillie Kettles sometimes called storm kettles etc.
    We have had one for a few years and are very impressed with it 1.5l of boiling water in 5mins with just a few leaves/ twigs etc.
    Only safety to watch keep spout facing away from anyone and obviously the kettle does get hot.
    We bought the Ghillie kettle although dearer its uk made.
    A Ghille kettle is a container for water with a chimmney running up the middle and a container for combustion underneath.
    Very eco friendly and could save your life if you get stuck in the open. Usually some dried leaves/ twiggs/ grass to befound at hand.
    Personally don't think cooking on top very safe as could tip over.
    www.ghillie-kettle.co.uk

Hi everyone,
    just wondered if anyone had found the Ghillie- Kettles interesting and has anyone bought it.
    I found it easier to feed the fire through the chimmney

Comment

have a look on here there's a video to watch.

http://www.kellykettle.com/

Comment

What a great piece of equipment! Just watched the video and am really impressed. Won't be buying one, however, not going to be in great outdoors to that extent, I like the comforts of my little van too much!!!!!

Comment

Another use we have for our Ghillie kettle is burning sensitive documents, bills etc. Help to stop identiy theft and free hotwater at the same time. A load of the junk mail goes the same way , we do have a farm though so no chance of upsetting the neighbours

Comment

These have been on Liz's 'perhaps we should get one' list for years. Of course now we have the van with its gas supply an alternative is the space saving
            http://tinyurl.com/3uslt6o

We're sticking with the '50p from a car boot sale' small aluminium kettle for now though.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianTheSnail View Post
              These have been on Liz's 'perhaps we should get one' list for years. Of course now we have the van with its gas supply an alternative is the space saving
              http://tinyurl.com/3uslt6o

We're sticking with the '50p from a car boot sale' small aluminium kettle for now though.
              Slightly cheaper from Amazon COLLAPSABLE KETTLE not quite 50p though.
              Graham
              Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X