This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

folding table brackets?

Hi I need a pair of folding table brackets for my caravan. I need them to go at the side of the sink to put a small workspace on, but they need to be folding so I can put the table away when not in use and using the bed.

Can anyone recommend anywhere to get these? Also I will need a small plastic/metal pole+housing to support underneath the folding table when out, rather like the big version tables in vans but on a smaller scale.

Dabs might be able to help as he's so handy??? A folding worksurface is what I'm aiming at beside the sink, which can either be a foldaway or ...?? Will post a photo.....

If you look on the side of the sink, there is already a slide rail for a table of some kind already there, but there's no table/work surface...

I was thinking of cutting the huge great table between the bunks down and using half of this if poss, but any suggestions welcome! The table is meant to go between the beds for a double bed, but I won't be using it, prefer singles and as it's nearly 6ft long, it's heavy as well.....

Hi Jayjay post up a pic looking directly at the kitchen from opposite to show whats to the right of it im guessing its a bench seat and possibly a window.Just to get my bearings as to whats is there!!
    How big a workspace are you after?

Dabs

Comment

On the Sprite vans I had, this was achieved by the shelf doubling as the sink cover. It was hinged next to the sink, so it folds over on to the sink when not in use or flips over alongside it - it was supported by a triangular shaped piece of wood which was hinged at the side so it could be folded back to the side when not in use or flipped out to support the shelf. If you see what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Dabs View Post
        Hi Jayjay post up a pic looking directly at the kitchen from opposite to show whats to the right of it im guessing its a bench seat and possibly a window.Just to get my bearings as to whats is there!!
        How big a workspace are you after?

Dabs
        Yes, it's a bench seat and window... I haven't got a handy photo, but I'll post one as soon as I can!

Comment

amazon has these are they what you are looking for????
          Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Hi Glen, yes I think something like that is on the cards. I can't seem to find the ones that caravans all seem to have, they are plastic and just swing out from the side of the sink/cupboard when needed.

Dabs, just looking for something to land things on when cooked - a 'serving up/dishing out' type of worksurface as there isn't one. There is a big table, miles too big actually which could be cut in half and used for the surface, it's just how to fix it! I could get some of this:

http://www.campingstore.co.uk/prodDe..._STRIP__BROWN/

but I would still need supports for underneath. There's a bed to that side, so if I had a table leg, it would have to rest on the bed cushion, which is not particularly stable. So I'm thinking of supports which will fold away when not in use.

Caz - I wondered whether to make one which did this, still thinking about it! And folding back on itself would help with storage of said unit. On reflection though, I don't think a folding one will work as there are too many things above the sink & cooker in the way, so it will have to be one that takes off and stores behind the back cushion or something.

Thanks for your imput everyone! Plenty to think about. The hardest part will be to cut the table up, I'm not good at cutting straight lines with a jigsaw! LOL
            Last edited by jayjay; 24-01-2010, 10:18.

Comment

on page 94 of the c.a.k tanks catalogue here I think item B6302BG is what you are looking for then??
              Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Originally posted by glenw View Post
                on page 94 of the c.a.k tanks catalogue here I think item B6302BG is what you are looking for then??
                Well, wow! Thanks Glen, I'm spoiled for choice now!!

And I never thought about having a little table that would fold down on the side of the unit until I saw the page... might go for that one!

ETA - and another for on the wardrobe to take the TV!!!
                Last edited by jayjay; 24-01-2010, 10:54.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X