This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halogen/Infra Red Ovens

Does anyone have any experience of using one of these in an R20?

While I am very pleased with the double skillet it occurs to me that if we will be paying for electric hookups we may as well use it and save gas, so I have been looking at these. How much space do they take up? And what is the wattage? - I can't find details on the adverts I have just looked at.

Or would it be better to take along my Remoska?
    The reason I thought the halogen might be better is because it does not have a long handle like the Remoska - thinking of storage space when not in use.
    thanks all
    Sue
    Geoff

oven

HI
    I have a small one and its great indoors. I thought about taking it with us when we go to the west country.
    I think one problem is the top gets hot and you need to have a safe place to put it down when you have finished with it.I usually put my outside.

Otherwise i have had no other problems at all. I did try to put it under cutlery drawer but a bit tight so have decided not to bring it with me. I am still thinking like you of something electric to use.
    Wattage on mine is 1100w
    Hope that's helped you out.

twin1

Comment

Originally posted by twin1 View Post
      HI
      I have a small one and its great indoors. I thought about taking it with us when we go to the west country.
      I think one problem is the top gets hot and you need to have a safe place to put it down when you have finished with it.I usually put my outside.

Otherwise i have had no other problems at all. I did try to put it under cutlery drawer but a bit tight so have decided not to bring it with me. I am still thinking like you of something electric to use.
      Wattage on mine is 1100w
      Hope that's helped you out.

twin1
      yes that is useful thanks - it is the same problem with the Remoska regarding somewhere to put the lid. I have bought several of the silicon mats to protect all possible surfaces (from heat and from tea/wine stains!).
      Geoff

Comment

infra red ovens

Its worth looking around for a good price.If found a small one for £25

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X