This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vodafone dongle 1gb

I know there is a thread that has information about this elsewhere but I thought I would start a new one.

These things keep going down in price and they are now £24.99 including postage and packing from Vodafone via Amazon.

This is the 1gb dongle which gives you £15 worth of surfing and it is not time limited. Not to be confused with the new 3gb dongle which is limited to 30 days then you have to top up again.

If you haven't got one and are thinking of buying I would recommend you get one now as I suspect these may be old stock and will not be for sale much longer before the 3gb is the only one available.

Vodafone dongle 1gb

They are perfect for taking away with you while camping if you want to surf the internet, catch up with the forum and get your emails etc.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Vodafone K3565 Dongle

So that makes it £9.99 for the Dongle ! Well worth it

Had to take my shoes off to work that out
    Gunerdoo Do It Tomorrow ?

Comment

This dongle thing sounds rude, Graham, but I trust you implicitly.... .... so have ordered one.

I have yet to get hold of my daughter's old lap top with which to use it. She is still setting up her new one. Note that I get the electronic hand-me-downs in this family . I should be in possession by Wolverley.

Could be dongles at dawn if it doesn't work

Comment

Originally posted by aggsnrog View Post
        This dongle thing sounds rude, Graham
        Yes, we really shouldn't keep calling it a dongle, as Derek pointed out once it is actually a USB modem, sounds much more professional.

Anyhow, I'm sure you'll love your dong...sorry usb modem we are thinking of getting another so we have 1 each, we've got two lap tops so then we wouldn't be arguing over who's turn it is.
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

The word 'dongle' used to refer to a very specific piece of hardware but it is now accepted use for 'a broadband wireless adapter or in general to connectors that translate one type of port to another'.

Originally posted by Graham View Post
          Yes, we really shouldn't keep calling it a dongle

Comment

I got one of these Vodafone dongles just before Christmas. Tesco were giving 2,000 Club Card points with it, so I think they've actually paid me to buy it.

Comment

Now that they are so much cheaper, these dongles are a very useful back-up alternative for when your regular home / work broadband goes down (which is how I'm sending this post).

There are a few ways to boost a slow connection. The best one is simply to move it around. If the dongle came with a USB cable use this instead of plugging it straight into the computer. Better still is to add a USB extension cable. If you can, position the dongle nearer a window because the signal will pass through glass easier than through brick.

In the 'van I often do the dongle dangle and hang it out of the window

To get the strongest signal there are various add-on antennas but I've never yet needed one of these.

Comment

Some good tips there Paul, thanks for that. There have been some places we have been where we haven't been able to get a signal no matter what we did but all in all we are very pleased with ours and I'm sure the coverage will get better in time. You certainly can't say it is expensive £15 takes absolutely ages to use up.
                Graham

Comment

Thanks for the tips, Paul. I hope to be using mine (for the first time) in Ireland in at Easter. I shall no doubt try the Dingle dongle dangle

Comment

Originally posted by aggsnrog View Post
                    Thanks for the tips, Paul. I hope to be using mine (for the first time) in Ireland in at Easter. I shall no doubt try the Dingle dongle dangle
                    Now you have me singing the Dingle Dangle Scarecrow

Comment

Hello Everyone,
                      My little netbook doesn't use Windows, but uses Firefox. Does anyone know if there are dongle type things that use this as well as Windows?
                      Any advice would be very welcome,
                      Aileen

Comment

Hi Aileen

I think I am right in saying that Firefox is the web browser and windows is the operating system. Your netbook operating system will probably be windows or vista, its just your web browser that is Firefox.

That being the case the answer to your question is yes, the dongle will work with Firefox and any other browser such as Internet Explorer etc., so you should have no problem.
                        Graham

Comment

Thanks Graham.
                          I've just been googling this and realise how computer illiterate I am (as long as they work I don't worry myself with hows or whys!). My system is Linux and I think with some tweaks I will be able to use the dongle, so I'm going to order one and give it a go. If it doesn't work, I'm sure someone will benefit from it, it's not as if I'll be tied into some lengthy contract.
                          Aileen

Comment

Originally posted by Aileen View Post
                            Thanks Graham.
                            I've just been googling this and realise how computer illiterate I am (as long as they work I don't worry myself with hows or whys!). My system is Linux and I think with some tweaks I will be able to use the dongle, so I'm going to order one and give it a go. If it doesn't work, I'm sure someone will benefit from it, it's not as if I'll be tied into some lengthy contract.
                            Aileen

You certainly won't be tied in to a lengthy contract if you buy the one from the accessories shop (the link is on the first post of this thread), there is no contract involved, you get £15 worth of surfing and that will takes months and months to use, then you just top up again with another £15, its really simple.
                            Graham

Comment

Just had a google and found this:

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=6583

It seems people are having trouble running the dongle on linux so I would be a bit wary of buying it, perhaps someone who is a bit more techie minded than me will be along to advise you further.
                              Graham

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X