This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feet to fit under Romahome legs!

Does anyone know where to get 2 of the bases to go under our Romahome legs so we don't have to carry blocks of wood. Jim and Nightowl had some that attached to the legs.

Patricia

You can get them from most caravan accessory shops or from amazon ( use the forum link!!) and search for caravan pads or caravan feet.
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Jack pads

Hi,
      Looks like these may be what you need,

http://www.caravanaccessoryshop.co.u...&productId=503
      Not certain, but they could be screwed to the foot of the leg
      If mistakes are the foundation of understanding, i have firm foundation,Underpinned by much in the way of I don't want to do that again

Comment

Those are the very things. I have older ones, made of metal for my caravan. I believe they fall off quite often, so instead of permanently fixing mine, I just take them with me. They came with the caravan, if I didn't have any, I'd be carrying blocks of wood around as well, which I did with my roma. I actually think that wood is the better of the two!

Comment

I use the plastic big feet as shown on the link.they work very well and i have never lost one,they are cheap if you shop around.
          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
            Those are the very things. I have older ones, made of metal for my caravan. I believe they fall off quite often, so instead of permanently fixing mine, I just take them with me. They came with the caravan, if I didn't have any, I'd be carrying blocks of wood around as well, which I did with my roma. I actually think that wood is the better of the two!
            Hi Jayjay

Why do you think wood is best?

I have had wood split as I lower the legs, they are sometimes muddy and sopping wet when I have to put them in the van. I thought the made feet would spread the weight and be more convenient.

Are they not as good as I think.

Patricia

Comment

Hi Patricia,
              The circular ones I have are (were? because I have had them for years) made by Raydyot. Called "Caravan Jackpad JP70". They were bought from a local caravan accessory shop.
              The "fit and forget" variety as shown on Pete's post are fine as long as the steadies have a complete loop to bolt them through so that they cannot be lost.
              The plastic ones made now do not rattle when moving as the metal ones tend to.
              Jim.
              Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by patriscott View Post
                Hi Jayjay

Why do you think wood is best?

I have had wood split as I lower the legs, they are sometimes muddy and sopping wet when I have to put them in the van. I thought the made feet would spread the weight and be more convenient.

Are they not as good as I think.

Patricia
                Hi Patricia,

Well, when I had a Roma, I only carried two blocks of wood. Maybe I was just lucky that mine never split! Also they didn't seem to sink into the ground... now the ones that came with this caravan (x4) are metal and the weight of the caravan makes them bite into the ground, so although they don't split, I have to sometimes prise them out of the ground!

You probably wouldn't get either problem with the modern plastic ones! So I haven't bought any so I can't actually comment on those in particular. Perhaps mine came with the caravan but not attached is because, like Jim mentioned, they would probably rattle!

Comment

My wooden blocks are made of 20 mm.thick waterproof ply treated with Sadolin these wont spilt or soak up any water.Mine are 6" square but could do to be a little bigger when the site is really wet.
                  Joe
                  If you feel life is uncertain always eat your pudding first!

Comment

Feet made

Ok Joe and Jayjay

I took your advice. I cut out 2 squares of 20mm exterior plywood a bit bigger than 6" square. They are now soaking in wood preservative overnight.

Job done.

Patricia

Comment

Another vote for plywood squares, mine are made od marine grade waterproof plywood but we don't always use the steadies

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by peterholden View Post
                        Another vote for plywood squares, mine are made od marine grade waterproof plywood but we don't always use the steadies

Peter
                        Mine are waterproof plastic!
                        But then yours are probably cheaper - still, 10 or 12 years ago mine were cheap off a car-boot sale.
                        Getting scratched now though
                        Jim
                        Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

I have had two of the plastic feet split on me (good job there was 4 in the box) and ended up bolting plywood to the bottom.

I have now asked my vbacksmith friend to make me a pair out of checker plate. !

Comment

The checker plate ones are now fitted and porfrming well, :so happy:

Comment

Goodness! I haven't used the steadies one single time, let alone thought re feet, pretty socks, mittens or whatever for them! My van has separate steadies like little pyramids ( a bit like jacks used when changing the tyre). Can't be bothered to give them van space. would have used steadies permanently fastened to the van, though.
                              Carpe diem! :)

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X