Satellite Dish for Campervan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Satellite Dish for Campervan

Hi everyone I recently bought a TV/DVD player for my campervan and am looking for recommendations for a small satellite dish please

Hi, I’m not sure what has happened here but for some reason members cannot reply to your post.

If we can’t fix it we might have to ask you to post again. Gremlins I think

Comment

Yep, it's working now Pauline! I bow to your technological genius!

Panda
      https://www.youtube.com/user/pandabloke

Comment

Originally posted by Pandabloke View Post
        Yep, it's working now Pauline! I bow to your technological genius!

Panda
        All I did was reply but happy for the credit, not sure what happened

Comment

I bought a used motorhome which had a satellite dish on it. The first thing I did when I got home was remove it and put it on ebay for £1500. It sold very quickly to someone who thought they had got a bargain!
          My recommendation is to stop looking for a satellite dish.
          But welcome to the forum Supermagna
          We're here for a good time, not a long time.

Comment

Yes..the orginal post initially attracted the "you are not authorised to view this post" notification..something that seems to happen from time to time..glad it's sorted..

Comment

Originally posted by RUToyota View Post
              Yes..the orginal post initially attracted the "you are not authorised to view this post" notification..something that seems to happen from time to time..glad it's sorted..
              First time we knew that this happened, if it happens to you again please do report it so we can find the cause.

Comment

In my humble opinion you don’t need a satellite dish to watch tv, if you are happy watching freeview of which there are numerous channels you just need one of these.

Graham
                Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Question answered thanks Graham.
                  We're here for a good time, not a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauline View Post

First time we knew that this happened, if it happens to you again please do report it so we can find the cause.
                    Has happened maybe 2 times to me...will report if if it emerges again.

Comment

Originally posted by RUToyota View Post

Has happened maybe 2 times to me...will report if if it emerges again.
                      Once Pauline had replied, it cleared the glitch. Very strange, but it worked!

Panda
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/pandabloke

Comment

THE Last few times I was on a site there was no reception to Freeview . we were just as we like it in a field very Remote too remote from the signal .. The Tv has built in free sat . so I bought a Falcon sat dish . I AGREE Graham if you have a Tin van them a mag mount will do on the van . I am a Tin tent hauler as the forum call us with a caravan . not made of TIN. just 5 layers of GRP. Gasgas does not have or watch a TV sorry I am and of the odd ones that does ,so I will reply there are plenty of aerials that will bring in Tv to a Freeview ready tv if it does not have a built in Free sat tuner then you would need a free sat box they usually req 230v ie mains voltage some small aerials req a booster and tis may req mains v. I assume the tv is 12 volt ?? or is it 230 v mains voltage..I have been there with my R10 camper van using EHU . we are now EHU free on 12volt and Gas usually in a remote field and TIN free no rusty tins to Hauler I am told its a joke against caravan owners ..I hope my own experience with Tvs has helped you? Note the sat dish is as at home size I have not seen any small dishes that work .. I suspect then you tv is free View enabled .
                        Last edited by Dave and Pat; 24-05-2020, 11:38.
                        BuzznDave

Comment

Hi Supermagna and welcome to the SMHF.

Yes, I have an Avtec aerial similar to this one. Mine is the STH200 version.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Avtex-STH30...73893536&psc=1

It usually works very well. One one occasion in Wales it didn't work very well at all. I did actually wonder if it had been damaged in some way, but couldn't find anything wrong with it. In desperation (wanting to watch an episode of a serial I didn't want to miss!) I got out the diddy little aerial stick that came with the tv - very similar to the one Graham shows in his video - and that worked better! The campsite was surrounded by mountains, and there was a thunderstorm coming and going and which seemed to be circular.

The only reason you would need a satellite system would be if you were in an area with no tv land signal whatsoever, I would think. Or perhaps if you had a subscription to a channel or two you can't get on freeview... or abroad, to access stations in the UK.

If you have been trying out your tv on the drive, it might be that the surrounding houses are in the way of the signal. If your tv works in the house on a house aerial, then it's working. And you will need to retune with each new area you visit.

I had the same problem with 'no permission to access' this thread yesterday but I've never come across it before.

Comment

Supermagna I'm aftraid you've come to the wrong forum for TV advice, at the risk of alientating myself from the community there are a number of people on here that believe you go away in the Van to escape from distractions like TV and that you should occupy your time with other activities. I personally do like to have the TV in the van for when it's wet or on long dark evenings. I have one of the Avtex TV's that can do Aerial or Satellite - so far only used the Aerial and results are very variable, if there's a strong signal it's good, if a weak signal you sometimes only get a few channels and not necessarily the ones you want and in those cases I might watch a DVD.

I've thought about getting a portable Satellite dish, but not knowing how effective it would be puts me off - there's not much room in my van to store it so it would have to be small. The small ones are not supposed to be so good in Scotland and that's where I'm based.

I've seen comments that people can get this one to work throughout the UK https://www.maxview.co.uk/mobile-sat...ble/Remora-Pro but it's a lot of money to put out without knowing for sure!

Another thought I've had is to just get a good mobile data deal and use the internet for iPlayer, Netflix, etc. but again in some areas there is no phone signal!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregor View Post
                              Supermagna I'm aftraid you've come to the wrong forum for TV advice, at the risk of alientating myself from the community there are a number of people on here that believe you go away in the Van to escape from distractions like TV and that you should occupy your time with other activities.
                              No no no no, never say someone has come to the wrong forum Gregor (tut tut ) there are lots of people on here with differing views and lots who like you enjoy watching their televisions in their vans. Supermagna you have come to the right forum we have thousands of members and you will find that amongst those you will get very good friendly advice as above from Gregor and Jayjay
                              Graham
                              Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X