Table stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Table stand?

I have a little table in my van, which fits into a round recess into the floor. But it's not a lot of use unless I can use it outside or in an awning. The lady who used to own the caravan said she just took it out and left it at home. I think I need a stand for the pole to go into or onto, which measures 5.5 diameter. Is there such a thing? What would I search for on google... it keeps coming up with camera tripods!

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
    I have a little table in my van, which fits into a round recess into the floor. But it's not a lot of use unless I can use it outside or in an awning. The lady who used to own the caravan said she just took it out and left it at home. I think I need a stand for the pole to go into or onto, which measures 5.5 diameter. Is there such a thing? What would I search for on google... it keeps coming up with camera tripods!
    yes there is ! good camping shops sell a tripod with folding legs around a circular tube that your table tube slots into. Happy hunting !
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

jayjay we might be able to help you there. I’ll PM you

Comment

Our camper has two tables like that, so if we go outside we put one on the ground upside down and slot the other into it. jayjay , it might be worth looking at caravan breakers for a cheap small table!

Comment

Originally posted by emmerson View Post
          Our camper has two tables like that, so if we go outside we put one on the ground upside down and slot the other into it. jayjay , it might be worth looking at caravan breakers for a cheap small table!
          I'm going out to measure it up in a bit, as Pauline came up with a solution for me! (It's pouring down here atm!) I do have a small old camping table I could use. However, the one in the van is made up from the sink cover/worktop, a piece of table leg and a recessed hole for the leg to go into and the table fits on the top and is secured by another fitting underneath the table itself. However, there is also another pull out table in there anyway, so this wouldn't be used except in the awning/tent. But no use at all without a tripod stand thingy. It takes up no room when travelling, but it's just extra weight if I can't use it outside or in an awning.

As I will be taking a few collapsible, stackable crate type things (which would also go into the tent) I've toyed with the idea that I could perhaps put the table top on top of that. But I think an independent table would probably be a better idea!

Comment

Originally posted by emmerson View Post
            On the same principle as emmerson when we had our Talbot Express Camper it had a similar table and, like you, our space was limited for lugging little used items with us

We bought another table top fitment (the one that the leg fits into)

We used to use tent pegs in the holes when we used the table outside. If you use enough tent pegs wasn't too bad as far as stability goes. The tent pegs need to be the round ones

Like this one TABLE LEGS CROPPED.jpg So you'd be using 6 round tent pegs, the longer the better
            Last edited by SandraM; 18-06-2020, 10:19.

Comment

jayjay If you can afford to waste over £20 on a kid's potty you can afford a free standing table...
              Too old to know everything!

Comment

Originally posted by JimBro View Post
                jayjay If you can afford to waste over £20 on a kid's potty you can afford a free standing table...

Yes I could, but it's only a tiny micro camper van, so the less I have to carry around, the better! That's why I'm hoping to make the one in there multi purpose, or I might as well just take it out and take my camping table instead. You'd think Wheelhome would have thought of that, wouldn't you? In the brochure pic, the chap is sitting at a standard camping table and not the one from inside.

Comment

You can indeed buy a special part to do that job, made I think, by Fiamma. In its favour it is a well made solid tripod made of plastic and the 3 legs are sprung to return neatly for packing. What is not so good is the price. It costs around £30 but it does a good job and is stable. You pays your money and takes your choice........

Comment

Originally posted by GeeCee View Post
                    You can indeed buy a special part to do that job, made I think, by Fiamma. In its favour it is a well made solid tripod made of plastic and the 3 legs are sprung to return neatly for packing. What is not so good is the price. It costs around £30 but it does a good job and is stable. You pays your money and takes your choice........
                    A bit more than £30 now though, nearer £50.
                    Claire

Comment

Around £30-£40 on Amazon and Ebay.
                      Last edited by jayjay; 18-06-2020, 12:51.

Comment

Wow! I'm obviously showing my age. But it does prove they stand the test of time. We use ours all the time and it is still in as new condition.

Comment

My van table is only usable in the van, one of those that slots in to the conversion, with one hinged leg. I took it on my first trip, found it a hindrance rather than a benefit, and it has been in the box room ever since.
                          Claire

Comment

Originally posted by CVJ View Post
                            My van table is only usable in the van, one of those that slots in to the conversion, with one hinged leg. I took it on my first trip, found it a hindrance rather than a benefit, and it has been in the box room ever since.
                            I have a feeling this might be similar, as the fitting isn't even central!

001.JPG

What do you use instead, Claire?

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post

I have a feeling this might be similar, as the fitting isn't even central!

001.JPG

What do you use instead, Claire?
                              I normally eat inside the van, so I use the top of the conversion unit as a table - I have a rock'n'roll bed, so the plate is just to my left. If eating outdoors I have just used my folding step as a side table, but have just ordered a very compact, light side table to go with my new compact and light chair. Birthday money will help to pay most of the bill.

The table that came with the van clips on to a rail along the front of the conversion, and has a fold down, hinged leg. It is very stable and a good size, almost the width of the van, but when attached I am trapped on the seat. It also takes space which I need for other things so it stays at home.
                              Claire

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X