Portable Telescopic Stool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portable Telescopic Stool

I recently sourced a couple of external sockets and whilst on the website of the local electrical supply company I came across this

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/FXPTS.html

Anyway I needed to order a couple of other things so I decided to add one to the order. It's quite impressive - dead simple to telescope and lock just pull out whilst twisting slightly and to close pull slightly and just push down twisting the other way. It supports either (the new lighter weight) Liz or I with no problem and seems quite sturdy. One thought is whether it would also double as a van step (it will lock part way so doesn't need to be fully extended). Also it will make a handy side table when sitting out. I don't know how reliable these things are and there is always a worry of collapse but this model certainly seems sturdy enough. It has both a carrying handle and shoulder strap so quite portable and is light and small enough to live in the van. We'll take it away when we go next and if it fits the bill and if we feel confident with them not collapsing we'll get a his'n'hers second one.

Some pics to show height

IMG_20200714_113550239.jpg
    IMG_20200714_113611501.jpg

They look really handy. Would be great for the kids to stand on to reach sinks and stuff as sites never seem to plan their facilities around little people.
    Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

Rob B loads on Ebay and Amazon too - and some a couple of quid cheaper but I had to get some stuff from TLC and needed to pay shipping (even though they are only down the road in Southampton having it delivered was probably cheaper than me driving down there). I've seen these for a while now but now a mainstream wholesaler has added them to their rage I feel a bit more confident they'll be sturdy.

Comment

I have one - ready for my next vehicle as a step, stool and table. It's very well designed, robust and folds into just a circular disc.

Comment

Thanks for the info about the stool BrianTheSnail I've just purchased one and collected from our local branch of TLC. Looks ideal for both using in the camper and also when gardening as I struggle bending over and prefer to sit down!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X