As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

16" LED TV/DVD/USB Discounted at Tesco

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16" LED TV/DVD/USB Discounted at Tesco

Just thought I would share this in case anyone else can benefit from the combination of components that I have found.

Tesco direct are selling a very nice Technika 16-850 LED TV (15.6" viewable) with low power consumption (24 watts max on the spec). Reduced to £89.99 at Tesco direct. They also had a £10 discount by a code but this may have expired. I picked ours up at the Tesco Store in Cumbernauld where the shelf price was £120 at the time. It is not listed as a 12v TV, just mains, but the input at the TV is 12v and a specific 12v power lead is available (4 Pin 12v Technika 16-850 Cigarette / Cigar Socket Lead - Ebay item: 230664821692) at £14.49 delivered. Plays CD's, VCD, DVD, photo cd's and has a usb socket for playing media from a USB connected drive/pen. I have matched it with a fold down mounting bracket (AVF LCD TV FLIP DOWN MOUNT BRACKET LCD005 Ebay item: 390344587653) This can lock up into place and comes with an extra bracket not shown in the listing which fits very well between the steel cab roof and the headliner on our C15 Hylo ( I have bonded it with marine sikaflex). I have re-located the interior light to the front of the cab and now have a fold down tv in the cab headspace that can slide forward through the curtain gap when in use at night. The TV is very slim at one side and the bracket with a small modification recesses into this for a slim final result. Will add a new 12v socket behind the passenger seat later. Meantime just plugs into the dash. Absolutely delighted with it although note that the angle of view, particularly vertically is limited (Check it out in a store). Mounted as I have, it is not a problem and the picture is great. I have found it a good solution to avoid battery drain due to the low power LED lighting of the screen and a great overall price for the spec. I noticed that Tesco were selling them a little cheaper as re-furbished on EBay, but preferred a new one. Both had 12 month guarantees. As long as you are not particularly tall in the seat, it works!

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
Working...
X