This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best camping accessory

What's the best camping accessory you've bought and why?

My vote goes to the Duvalay, I get a really good nights sleep in the van since getting one.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

My best camping accessory

It has to be my little oil filled radiator,it allows me to camp all through the winter:so happy:
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

I have one but it's a 'funny' so I'm not going to share. Sorry!!

Comment

a all in one romper suit with pink fluffy ears lol could that be it think will have to start a new topic for the above

Comment

my best accessory

my second item is my very high tog double duvet,warm snug winter camps,I sleep better in my Roma than I do at home,odd isnt it.
          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by AGING HIPPY View Post

a all in one romper suit with pink fluffy ears lol could that be it think will have to start a new topic for the above
            I've got one of them - in red. Hubby calls it my tellytubby outfit. Nice and cosy in winter

I'm hoping my newly acquired toasting device will prove to be a favourite purchase.
            Last edited by NomadSue; 28-10-2011, 09:02. Reason: add info
            Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Better than a carrier bag

A few days ago we braved the wastes of Newcastle Boots and an immaculate young lady, who stared me out, graciously allowed me to purchase a unisex urinal bottle.

We've no idea where it will go (in stowage, that is) but for those Wintry nights with the snow falling and the wolves howling, we though it might be a good investment. Just over £4. There's a larger one at about £14, that Two Litre might find more practical, though he might need two.

I've read of other ruses adopted by members of this forum in tight circumstances, and think ours is more practical.

Paul.
              Seek to make a virtue of necessity.

Comment

I like my quishions - and use them in the house as well, they are lovely to snuggle into if the room gets a bit chilly.

Comment

Originally posted by AGING HIPPY View Post

A good try. I do have navy 'rompers' - designed to be worn under canoeing waterproofs. Following an unexpected capsize last month when I drenched my normal clothing, it was all I had left to wear so had to don this for the rest of my stay, including a jaunt around a very busy Tesco and then while refuelling my van. With the ankles around my calves and the crutch between my knees, it's not exactly the best fit so I should have worn my pink fluffy bunny ears with it - I doubt my ensemble would have attracted any additional stares....

Comment

Keep warm

the wife to keep me warm (tom) diggdeep

Comment

Originally posted by diggdeep View Post
                      the wife to keep me warm (tom) diggdeep
                      Good answer Tom, you will get a few brownie points if she read this.
                      Graham
                      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Doblo7 View Post
                        A few days ago we braved the wastes of Newcastle Boots and an immaculate young lady, who stared me out, graciously allowed me to purchase a unisex urinal bottle.

We've no idea where it will go (in stowage, that is) but for those Wintry nights with the snow falling and the wolves howling, we though it might be a good investment. Just over £4. There's a larger one at about £14, that Two Litre might find more practical, though he might need two.

I've read of other ruses adopted by members of this forum in tight circumstances, and think ours is more practical.

Paul.
                        -------------------------------------
                        Perhaps a shewee to go with it would be appropriate, if a female is likely to use it. (Have a review re this on the Dooyoo site, for what it is worth)

Comment

Originally posted by karenw View Post
                          A good try. I do have navy 'rompers' - designed to be worn under canoeing waterproofs. Following an unexpected capsize last month when I drenched my normal clothing, it was all I had left to wear so had to don this for the rest of my stay, including a jaunt around a very busy Tesco and then while refuelling my van. With the ankles around my calves and the crutch between my knees, it's not exactly the best fit so I should have worn my pink fluffy bunny ears with it - I doubt my ensemble would have attracted any additional stares....
                          Laughed like a drain at this one!

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                            What's the best camping accessory you've bought and why?

My vote goes to the Duvalay, I get a really good nights sleep in the van since getting one.
                            We bought 2 to use in our R25 but the single beds are not as wide as the memory foam and as a result my husband fell out! We tried making the double bed accross the van but that wasn't wide enough for two. I then spent the next two nights with just the duvet cover around me.
                            Going back to sleeping bags in the van and will use the duvalays as extra beds when the family come to stay,
                            Jennie

Comment

Originally posted by Jen H View Post
                              We bought 2 to use in our R25 but the single beds are not as wide as the memory foam and as a result my husband fell out! We tried making the double bed accross the van but that wasn't wide enough for two. I then spent the next two nights with just the duvet cover around me.
                              Going back to sleeping bags in the van and will use the duvalays as extra beds when the family come to stay,
                              Jennie
                              --------------------------------------
                              Oops! (Re falling out of bed )

I made my own version of a duvalay, cutting the memory foam to the width of the single bed - maybe you could consider trimming down the foam on yours? Just a thought.
                              To be honest, though, when making it up as a double bed, I preferred using a single bed memory foam topper plus a single duvet on one side and the 'duvalay on the other. Than way we didn't have a gap where the foam toppers met...or rather didn't meet. That gap made a bit of a ridge - defeating the aim of gaining extra comfort.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X