As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone recommend very some thin external thermal blinds please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone recommend very some thin external thermal blinds please?

Hello all, we have some very nice external blinds for our new Sunlight Cliff 540 on a Ducato base. However, they are bulky when folded. Can anyone recommend some super thin ones which would take up less valuable storage? Thanks!

You could try the universal metalised windscreen covers designed to keep snow off car windscreens. Usually in the next month Aldi andLidl will have them.
    BUT be aware You cannot get something for nothing, thin blinds will not be as thermically efficient as thick ones.
    Jon
    Support the NHS go to Just Giving

Comment

Hi and welcome!

I would keep the thick ones, especially if you are thinking of winter camping. As Jon says above, the thicker they are, the more insulating they are. Anything less is just a light cover and won't act as insulation. Can you roll them up and push them into a corner somewhere? Or put them flat underneath your bed and sit on them? Or even put them in a roof net of some sort?

Comment

Thanks both, Good advice and worth watching out for. Appreciate the thickness v insulation issue, but storage is vital as we have two folding Swiss bike, mountain bikes under our fixed bed. Sorry to those who do, but we don't want a rear door mounted bike rack for all sorts of reasons. We plan to drive to Greece next Spring unless we are physically prevented from leaving this island.

Comment

I've been using the same Lidl screen protector for three seasons now. £2.99 well spent. Intended for winter use it effectively keeps the Summer Sun out while being translucent enough for day time use. The polar bear picture adds a degree of coolness too.
          Insulation properties depend on the properties of the material. Thick isn't necessarily .
          Never more than a bicycle ride away from being in a good mood.

Comment

Had to google "Sunlight Cliff" (as you do) and I see it is an Adria, seems to be very much the modern version of my old Adria Win. Looks lovely.

My advice would be to forget the external covers and go for internal ones instead. Much less bulky to store and easier to put on and take off. The trade off is of course that they aren't as good at insulating the van as the external ones, but I find they are perfectly adequate. (And anyway I can't reach to put external ones on.)

The Lidl/Aldi etc ones are really designed for cars and I doubt they would fit a Ducato van.

Comment

Hi thanks all. Just for info the Sunlight Cliff isn't an adria, sunlight are a subsidiary of Hymer - https://www.sunlight.de/en/series/camper-van/ Ours is the 540 (XV special edition) so smaller than our previous Adria Twin but still with a fixed bed, plus proper door on the toilet and shower and really nicely made.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X