As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12volt tv for Motorhome

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12volt tv for Motorhome

I know, we usually go away to escape from Tv, however there are a few times when we are away for extended periods when tv entertainment would be quite nice (once in a while!)

Can anyone recommend a small digital tv/ DVD player? I've been looking on the internet at a Meos, which looks decent, and good value, but have absolutely no idea really, any advice would be much appreciated, thanks folks

Von

Not a cheap option, but ours (15.6" version) fits in the R25 screwed under the space between the cab and hab area. Have since added a satellite receiver and portable dish. Great for watching DVD's when TV reception unavailable.

http://www.sovos.co.uk/products/kitchen/kitchen_tv.php

Tony Anchorman
    Last edited by anchorman; 09-12-2011, 18:31.

Comment

Originally posted by VonUK View Post
      I know, we usually go away to escape from Tv, however there are a few times when we are away for extended periods when tv entertainment would be quite nice (once in a while!)

Can anyone recommend a small digital tv/ DVD player? I've been looking on the internet at a Meos, which looks decent, and good value, but have absolutely no idea really, any advice would be much appreciated, thanks folks
      Why don't you just use a lap top? It will play your dvds, you can watch TV (if you have a media card) or just use the iplayer (or equivalent) to watch non live TV

Comment

Originally posted by cedas View Post
        Why don't you just use a lap top? It will play your dvds, you can watch TV (if you have a media card) or just use the iplayer (or equivalent) to watch non live TV
        You could certainly play DVD's but don't you need a really good internet signal to watch TV and iplayer?

Most campsites we have used with our dongle are ok for getting emails and slow internet browsing but I don't know whether they would be fast enough to watch streamed TV.
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

I have something similar to this, which I bought at around £100 approx four years ago now. I think the screen is slightly bigger. When I was shopping around for these things, I found that a TV described primarily as a DVD player with built in freeview was cheaper than a TV with DVD player! Go figure!

I found you don't necessarily need a big screen in a small van, as you are sitting closer to it anyway. I never miss having a big screen and this (or similar) is very portable and fits inside a laptop bag.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/9-Portable...item3f0cf98548

This is more like the one I bought, except I don't have a recording facility with mine!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-6-LCD-1...item519c37cd86
          Last edited by jayjay; 10-12-2011, 11:00.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
            I have something similar to this, which I bought at around £100 approx four years ago now. I think the screen is slightly bigger. When I was shopping around for these things, I found that a TV described primarily as a DVD player with built in freeview was cheaper than a TV with DVD player! Go figure!

I found you don't necessarily need a big screen in a small van, as you are sitting closer to it anyway. I never miss having a big screen and this (or similar) is very portable and fits inside a laptop bag.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/9-Portable...item3f0cf98548

This is more like the one I bought, except I don't have a recording facility with mine!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-6-LCD-1...item519c37cd86
            Hi Jayjay
            I like the look of these.
            I'm not to worried about about watching TV but I'm trying to figure a way of putting all my DVDs on an external hard drive so that I can watch them on my spare netbook which has an 8 hour battery life. I could take my MacBook and the DVDs but try to keep away from taking too many things with me on my travels.

Peter

Comment

Hi Peter, if you just want a portable DVD player, they are even cheaper! And you don't need an aerial for playing DVDs either!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LG-DP450-7...item336ca0a4cb

I like having freeview as well though, I like to see the weather forecast... and some (not many unfortuately!) programmes on TV as well.

Comment

Goodness! The things that I didn't know that I needed before browsing on this forum!

Dear Father Christmas,

I have been a very good girl this year and would really like ......... and ....... and .....!

So what is top of YOUR wishlist, then, folks?

duvalay? skillet? one of these portable dvd / tv players? or...?
                Carpe diem! :)

Comment

DVD/tvplayer is top of mine, and its been promised if I'm a very good girl Just hope I can keep it up until Christmas!!

Thanks for advice folks, am bearing it all in mind, and searching the Internet frantically before Santa changes his mind

Comment

Originally posted by VonUK View Post

A couple of months ago I bought a Technika flat screen TV from Tesco, because my existing telly had no scart socket and to retain it, with digital signals, would have required a freeview box with modulator built in at similar cost to replacing the telly I had.
                    I settled for the Technika with built in DVD/Freeview because it ran on 12 volts via a supplied plug in transformer. For about the same price as a freeview box to run my OLD telly. 12volt leads with appropriate plugs are available at about £12, which means I may use it in the 'van if I wish (though not very likely).
                    As I was able to pay for over half of it with accumulated Tesco Vouchers and as the price was good I did not even feel much out of pocket!
                    So now I have a small house telly/DVD/Freeview which I can also use in the 'van on 12volts or EHU if I wish.
                    Jim.
                    Last edited by Twolitre; 10-12-2011, 20:37. Reason: Re-punctuating.
                    Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

My Christmas Wish List reads:
                      musical theatre tickets
                      musical theatre tickets
                      musical theatre tickets

and so on and so forth

I just hope my son gets the hint that I would realy like - musical theatre tickets!
                      Oh, and any musical theatre dvd to go with the - musical theatre tickets.

Di.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                        You could certainly play DVD's but don't you need a really good internet signal to watch TV and iplayer?

Most campsites we have used with our dongle are ok for getting emails and slow internet browsing but I don't know whether they would be fast enough to watch streamed TV.
                        You don't need the internet to pick up Freeview - insert a USB / PCMCIA tuner into your laptop and it becomes a TV. See http://www.freeview.co.uk/Resolution...my-computer-PC.

Also, I believe iPlayer downloads can be kept for up to 28 days after transmission, so you just can download what you want to watch before you set off.
                        Schrödinger's cat:
                        Wanted Dead and Alive.

Comment

Originally posted by di allen View Post
                          My Christmas Wish List reads:
                          musical theatre tickets
                          musical theatre tickets
                          musical theatre tickets

and so on and so forth

I just hope my son gets the hint that I would realy like - musical theatre tickets!
                          Oh, and any musical theatre dvd to go with the - musical theatre tickets.

Di.
                          Good one - I'll come with you! Musical theatre tickets, rock / folk / jazz / classical concert tickets...yes, any of those would be perfectly acceptable. It is SOOOO tempting, living within such easy reach of Manchester with the huge array of venues and events there. Especially since I'm on the Ticketmaster list.
                          Carpe diem! :)

Comment

We had a great night out last week, part of Sandra's Christmas present, went to see "Top Hat" at Leeds Grand after dinner at Bella Italia, super night great company!! Musicals are our thing too, so much talent around!!

Comment

I think I have had more than enough for Xmas with my two Rominis and a Fisher holivan, so in return I have bought my hubby and daughter Paul McCartney tickets as an early Xmas present, he deserves it after taking me to collect my little vans and paying for them
                              So he will be a very happy Man next Monday
                              MS.RoMiNi

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X