As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12volt tv for Motorhome

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been looking at tvs too, I have seen this on at maplins reduced to £119.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/10.2-inch-wi...-and-sd-281011

Has anyone purchased this one ?
    MS.RoMiNi

Comment

Amazing how threads seem to get lost! How has this discussion about televisions turned into Christmas wish lists and nights out?
      Jim.
      Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
        Amazing how threads seem to get lost! How has this discussion about televisions turned into Christmas wish lists and nights out?
        Jim.
        Becos Xmas is coming, Jim!!

Comment

We have a tv like the one above fromMaplins, bought about 2 yrs ago for £99.
          My hubby fitted the stand for it on the side of wardrobe in our Duo n it's brilliant. Out of the way and can be watched in bed too, saves a lot of space "wall mounting" it. Anybody else done this?

Comment

Does anyone know of a small PVR that could be used with a small tv. I have a humax one which is brill and would like a small one to watch programmes I had recorded
            MS.RoMiNi

Comment

Originally posted by adyb View Post
              You don't need the internet to pick up Freeview - insert a USB / PCMCIA tuner into your laptop and it becomes a TV. See http://www.freeview.co.uk/Resolution...my-computer-PC.
              Thanks for that, I think we tried something like that a few years ago but it wasn't very successful, might be better now though.
              Graham
              Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by adyb View Post
                You don't need the internet to pick up Freeview - insert a USB / PCMCIA tuner into your laptop and it becomes a TV. See http://www.freeview.co.uk/Resolution...my-computer-PC.

Also, I believe iPlayer downloads can be kept for up to 28 days after transmission, so you just can download what you want to watch before you set off.
                I am guessing that you would still need an aerial for decent reception - where would you plug it in? Is there something that fits a laptop? ( in my case Apple)

Edited: just answered my own question after a google search, and now know there is an aeriel connection at the end of the dongle Elgato do various USB dongles for Freeview, which will work on Apple or Windows and I also found one for the IPad 2. None of them particularly cheap however, one hopes you get what you pay for!
                Last edited by VonUK; 12-12-2011, 09:59.

Comment

Oh come on you lot ..... and no offence intended to anyone -- do you really need live TV and internet while camping? You can download iplayer (or channel 4 equivalents ...and there are some excellent programmes available) on your lap top at home before you leave. They will stay on lap top for ages (not sure how long is 'ages' but maybe a month).

Then all you need is battery power on your lap top. If you are lucky enough to be at a campsite with good wifi then you can watch live TV on your lap top. Lap top will also play your CDs and DVDs.

A TV is uncessary equipment for a small campervan.

For emails, and anything else..well unles you live where I do .. there is probably mobile connection and you can get these on your phone. Weather forecasts - well look out of the window.

Perhaps my ideas are influenced by the area where I live - TV often restricted by weather conditions so I find the iplayer very useful at home. I cannot get mobile phone reception at home - have to walk a few yards up the road... but come on -- you are camping -- if you really want all mod cons a 5 star hotel might be better

Comment

Originally posted by cedas View Post
                    Oh come on you lot .... if you really want all mod cons a 5 star hotel might be better
                    So the next question must be "Do you need your laptop?"
                    Everyone to their own and though I have contributed to this thread to try to help others I do not want TV, DVD or laptop.
                    I do have a built in radio which can play nice soothing music while I read. Or weather forcasts, hopefully a little better and more comprehensive than looking out of the window.
                    I really do wonder, when folk are shut up for hours in a little box watching tvs etc. Why they did not stay at home?
                    Jim.

Comment

Originally posted by cedas View Post

Perhaps my ideas are influenced by the area where I live - TV often restricted by weather conditions so I find the iplayer very useful at home. I cannot get mobile phone reception at home - have to walk a few yards up the road... but come on -- you are camping -- if you really want all mod cons a 5 star hotel might be better
                      I can't afford a 5 star hotel, and if I could I wouldn't choose to stay in one Neither do I want to stay in the van for hours on end watching the Tv, however, as I said in my first post, when we are away for weeks at a time, there are a few occasions eg when it's pouring with rain, cold, I'm fed up with reading, I've finished all the wine, my partner and the dog are both asleep, then watching the tv or listening to digital radio would be quite pleasant!
                      Last edited by VonUK; 12-12-2011, 22:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
                        So the next question must be "Do you need your laptop?"
                        Everyone to their own and though I have contributed to this thread to try to help others I do not want TV, DVD or laptop.
                        I do have a built in radio which can play nice soothing music while I read. Or weather forcasts, hopefully a little better and more comprehensive than looking out of the window.
                        I really do wonder, when folk are shut up for hours in a little box watching tvs etc. Why they did not stay at home?
                        Jim.
                        Point taken

Comment

I need a TV to watch Match of the Day, if I don't get my weekend fix of football and am a grumpy camper.

I know TV or football isn't everyone's cup of tea but I enjoy it.

Each to his own.
                          Graham
                          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                            I need a TV to watch Match of the Day, if I don't get my weekend fix of football and am a grumpy camper.

I know TV or football isn't everyone's cup of tea but I enjoy it.

Each to his own.
                            I don't even have to bother switching off Match of the Day if I don't have a telly
                            Jim

Comment

Originally posted by VonUK View Post
                              I can't afford a 5 star hotel, and if I could I wouldn't choose to stay in one Neither do I want to stay in the van for hours on end watching the Tv, however, as I said in my first post, when we are away for weeks at a time, there are a few occasions eg when it's pouring with rain, cold, I'm fed up with reading, I've finished all the wine, my partner and the dog are both asleep, then watching the tv or listening to digital radio would be quite pleasant!
                              Same here, Von! It's just nice to know you have one for that sort of event.

Earlier this year, when I stayed at a campsite at Aberdaron, a large family with 6 kids decided to pitch right next to me. I switched on the TV every evening, it drowned out the noise!

Comment

I have a confession to make!
                                I had a small black and white TV in the van for years, but only used it about half a dozen times to watch something special (to me anyway).
                                That TV is no good now we have gone digital without a MODULATED modem because it has no Scart socket.
                                Still not made up my mind whether to carry a TV in the future or not. Though as I posted earlier the 15" one I have bought for my kitchen is 12 volt with a mains, plug in, wall transformer.
                                I have found compatible 12 volt power leads on ebay at about £12. Cannot make up my mind whether to bother or not
                                Jim.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X