As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Twosure sre selling the little heater things!

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twosure sre selling the little heater things!

Go here:

http://www.towsure.com/product/Mini_...Portable_Stove

Very handy when no EHU around, really its just a flame cover I suppose, but it does radiate the heat! I have used it on my cooker inside the caravan with good effect. I just had to take off the pan stand thingy to site it safely on the base of the cooker over the gas flame, and that on very low.

Whoops, I meant Towsure in that heading!

It says on the web page that they are out of stock at the moment, but I think they will have some in before long. You can preorder there for when they do have stock.

Here's the link for the review I did on them.
    http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/foru...read.php?t=421
    Last edited by jayjay; 11-12-2011, 10:03.

As I understand this device it is unvented so potentially dangerous. Certainly not "ideal".

Paul.
    Seek to make a virtue of necessity.

Comment

Originally posted by Doblo7 View Post
      As I understand this device it is unvented so potentially dangerous. Certainly not "ideal".

Paul.
      No Paul, it's not vented, anymore than your gas cooker is. It's a flame shield that you can put over a naked flame - so far safer and more effective than just putting on your gas cooker for a short time to warm up a van.

However it is very effective to take the chill off, so long as you remember to turn off the cooker before you go to sleep!

If you scroll down that other thread I mentioned, you'll see I've done a review on this, with a pic of it working in my caravan.

Comment

Isnt the issue that it changes the burning characteristics of the gas and the exhaust gases given off change- I am sure that I read that somewhere.

Peter

Comment

So overall - is this safe? Is it effective?

Comment

Originally posted by cedas View Post
            So overall - is this safe? Is it effective?
            It's safe, Cedas! It's not a 'gas fire' as such. If you have no EHU and it gets chilly, you can use it on top of a low flame on your cooker to radiate the heat into your van. A lot of ppl just use their grill for a little extra heat, some just put the cooker flame on low, and boil a kettle for their hot water bottles while they are at it! This is a cover for a gas cooker flame which itself gets hot and is much more effective than a naked flame. It's as safe as using your gas cooker, and more effective than a naked flame.

If you scroll down the link I put in earlier, you will get to a comprehensive review (plus safety tips) I did of this little gadget and a photo of it working!

Comment

It's probably a good idea to fit a carbon monoxide detector/alarm - just incase you do nod off.....

Comment

Originally posted by karenw View Post
                It's probably a good idea to fit a carbon monoxide detector/alarm - just incase you do nod off.....
                I think that's a good idea, Karen. I have one in my caravan. I think a lot of campervans come with them as standard these days.

Comment

Had a chat about this with a motorhome repairer. As I understood it the gas cooker is an unvented appliance which you use in the van and there is a limit for that reason on the size of flames in the van. That is if you were to run the grill and two rings at the same time it must not exceed the limit.

My understanding is that the small 1 kilowatt fire used without the cooker would not exceed this allowance as there are many natural ventilation points (draughts) in a romahome.

I cannot say though I am estatic about the idea of a naked flame going long term in a van.... I am just wary of it ... possibility of fire accidents.

This is just my understanding you understand.

Comment

The whole point of the little gadjet is that it's no longer a naked flame, but a much safer covered one. Of course you shouldn't use them day and night without cease, you wouldn't be using your cooker like that either I would hope! But for a quick warm up when without EHU, they are much better than a naked flame.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X