As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double Skillets

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Skillets

I've just been on the phone to the double skillet people, and apparently they've managed to get a new source of aluminium, and it's off now being coated. They should have the small skillets back in stock in about seven days.

I told them I'd let the forum know, and to be prepared for more orders, to encourage them to get the stock sorted.

Anyway, to summarize, they said they still have large skillets, but are running low, and should have the small ones in stock in a week.

I've just placed an order on-line yet again, so fingers crossed this time!

Originally posted by JimD View Post
    I've just been on the phone to the double skillet people, and apparently they've managed to get a new source of aluminium, and it's off now being coated. They should have the small skillets back in stock in about seven days.

I told them I'd let the forum know, and to be prepared for more orders, to encourage them to get the stock sorted.

Anyway, to summarize, they said they still have large skillets, but are running low, and should have the small ones in stock in a week.

I've just placed an order on-line yet again, so fingers crossed this time!
    --------------------------------------------------
    Great news - I would have bought one directly from them if they had been at either the B'ham or Manchester shows. Will get my order placed...an early birthday pressie to me and any fellow travellers from the family

Thanks for keeping us informed.

On second thoughts, OH's birthday comes first (he gets one this year - Feb 29th). I am SURE HE would like one for his birthday!
    Carpe diem! :)

Comment

where are they being ordered from? can someone post a link please
      I make occasional visits to reality, but I'm not a full time resident
      http://minimouseandmilos.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Minimouse View Post
        where are they being ordered from? can someone post a link please
        I've just bookmarked this for next week,

http://www.doubleskillet.com/index.p...skillet-small/

I hope it is the right site.
        Good luck with your refurb.

Peter

Comment

Thank you ...

for the link and the good luck wishes .
          I make occasional visits to reality, but I'm not a full time resident
          http://minimouseandmilos.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue2012 View Post
            --------------------------------------------------
            Great news - I would have bought one directly from them if they had been at either the B'ham or Manchester shows. Will get my order placed...an early birthday pressie to me and any fellow travellers from the family

Thanks for keeping us informed.

On second thoughts, OH's birthday comes first (he gets one this year - Feb 29th). I am SURE HE would like one for his birthday!
            I read somewhere that they weren't doing any more shows as the lady was retiring and no one wanted to take it over.

Comment

silly sue

yes, I remember someone commenting to that effect - might be a good idea to try the tel number on their website to check what is happening. I'll not have time in the next day or two, but maybe after then.

I can't delete this posting, unfortunately. Obviously, Jim has already made the necessary phone call. duh, silly me!
              Last edited by NomadSue; 24-01-2012, 21:40.

Comment

Double skillet

The only problem with ordering from the website seems to be that the delivery charge is high. Still I suppose it is worth the expense if they really are no longer going to be available at shows.

Lizzie

Comment

yes, I remember someone commenting to that effect - might be a good idea to try the tel number on their website to check what is happening. I'll not have time in the next day or two, but maybe after then.
                  As I mentioned in the first post, I phoned and spoke to the lady today, using the number from the website (sorry for not giving the url earlier). They've just taken delivery of the aluminium, so obviously not planning to quit trading completely. Of course, they could be retiring from the show circuit, and just be trading on-line.

Comment

Originally posted by lizzie View Post
                    The only problem with ordering from the website seems to be that the delivery charge is high. Still I suppose it is worth the expense if they really are no longer going to be available at shows.

Lizzie
                    That was why I had hoped to buy one from one of the shows. Still, I guess the postage is cheaper than the diesel required to drive down to Norfolk to collect it in person.

Thanks, again, jim for keeping us in touch. I slipped up suggesting we ring to check things as you had already done that. Duh, silly Sue!

Comment

... I slipped up suggesting we ring to check things as you had already done that. Duh, silly Sue!
                      No problem Sue, I only asked about stock. If I'd thought, I'd have asked about shows as well.

Comment

Of course, there is the big question as to whether to go for the smaller one (sensible choice for 2 people in a small van) or the bigger one (sensible choice for two people who feed the 5000 whenever offspring come home to visit.)

Or get one of each and then everyone is happy!!

(NomadSue aka Silly Sue!)

Comment

I received an email from the company to confirm they'd have stock on the 30th, and took the opportunity to ask about show attendance in the future. I got this reply today:

Dear jim,

I shall be doing all warners shows and quite a few of stone leisure(Shelton mallet) for example,
                          But as I am now a one man band I shall no longer we doing the big indoor shows as it is very hard to handle a big stand on your own. But I hope to continue with the mail order indefinitely.

Regards Frances
                          So you'll still have chance to buy direct.

Comment

Of course, there is the big question as to whether to go for the smaller one (sensible choice for 2 people in a small van) or the bigger one (sensible choice for two people who feed the 5000 whenever offspring come home to visit.)

Or get one of each and then everyone is happy!!

(NomadSue aka Silly Sue!)
                            I have the smaller one, does just enough for two. I often use it in the house to warm up pies and things, so much cheaper than putting the oven on.

Comment

I have the smaller one, just great for one hungry man, would suit two people, ideal when not on EHU to do a hot meal, :so happy:
                              Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
                              'Live without regrets'

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X