As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lights on warning

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lights on warning

Having once left the parking lights on all night at a very remote spot, does anyone know of a device that briefly gives an audible warning that they are on after switching off the ignition, but then stops? (So that lights can be left on when needed for parking on the road). Most audible warnings built in to modern cars are wired to warn of headlights left on or if warning of parking lights, stops warning after the car is exited.

Is this the sort of thing you are looking for?

http://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.u...64/category/53
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Originally posted by frogs View Post
      Having once left the parking lights on all night at a very remote spot, does anyone know of a device that briefly gives an audible warning that they are on after switching off the ignition, but then stops? (So that lights can be left on when needed for parking on the road). Most audible warnings built in to modern cars are wired to warn of headlights left on or if warning of parking lights, stops warning after the car is exited.
      The easy way to do this without much trouble is to wire a suitable LED warning light from the sidelight wiring fix it in a position you can not avoid it being not seen

Alf

Comment

lights warning

glenw: The audible warning you posted a link for would sound constantly - it is designed to warn of headlights being left on.
        I'll do what alf39 suggested, use an led instead as that would not drain significant power or attract attention if I need to park on a road where parking lights are required.

Andrew

Comment

glenw: The audible warning you posted a link for would sound constantly - it is designed to warn of headlights being left on.
          I'll do what alf39 suggested, use an led instead as that would not drain significant power or attract attention if I need to park on a road where parking lights are required.

Andrew
          Ahh having re-read your requirements I understand what you wanted and see where my suggestion fails whereas alf's will work. The added bonus I guess would be that a flashing led could be assumed to be part of an alarm system when activated if anyone decides to look inside.
          Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Originally posted by glenw View Post
            Ahh having re-read your requirements I understand what you wanted and see where my suggestion fails whereas alf's will work. The added bonus I guess would be that a flashing led could be assumed to be part of an alarm system when activated if anyone decides to look inside.
            The drawback of a flashing led is it is very distracting and annoying for this to be flashing in the dark on a long nightime journey. whilst in the drivers sight.

As another matter should anyone wish for an automatically set flashing led warning light that comes on each time when the ignition is turned off. It is a simple job to install.
            please PM me I don't like posting alarm or security ideas on open forums

Comment

I have change my side light and tail light bulbs for LED bulbs as they use a fraction of the power of normal filament bulbs when left on for any length of time.

Comment

lights on warning

Even if I did long night journeys (& I don't plan to) the led would be installed where it can be seen from the living area and not from the drivers seat - simply to prevent me from going to bed with the parking lights on. (the circumstances that caused me to leave them on one night was because I spent an evening removing all the bulbs and cleaning all the contacts & checking all was ok!)

Comment

Even if I did long night journeys (& I don't plan to) the led would be installed where it can be seen from the living area and not from the drivers seat - simply to prevent me from going to bed with the parking lights on. (the circumstances that caused me to leave them on one night was because I spent an evening removing all the bulbs and cleaning all the contacts & checking all was ok!)
                  Ah !! and then you left them on .... so simple

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X