As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remoska, my opinion.

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remoska, my opinion.

Having Ummmd and Aaaaah for months whether to get a skillet or Remoska, I splashed out on the latter last week. Yes, it is an expensive piece of equipment! I bought it with the intentions of using it when Romahoming and cutting back on some of the pots and pans. I am making use of it instead of my normal oven. (saving on electrics) What a great piece of equipment it is, I am still in the experimenting stage but it cooks to perfection and it will be holidaying with me. (I also like the idea of the No quibble guarantee) Just thought I would give my review of it. I don't know what took me so long to make up my mind....Aaaah yes I do, they are called pound notes, but worth it!!
    Jessie

Am glad you're pleased with your choice. I'm still ummming and ahhhhhhing!
    Carpe diem! :)

Comment

I think you either 'get it' or you dont! We get really cross when we have to use the main oven now.

The standard Remoska cooks the 500g. pack of Wrights white bread mix to perfection. The finished loaf totally fills the standard pan, nearly but not quite nudging the lid. A good solution when out and about away from the shops. Just cant beat freshly baked bread. The Wrights mix only needs 5 minute kneading, although I find it is best to leave it to rise for about an hour which is longer than the instructions say. Another tip is, to flip the bread over in the Remoska for the last 5 minutes.

I bought some 8" round silicon bakeware dishes, 2.5 inches deep. They fit inside the standard Remoska perfectly, use them for bread, cottage pies etc.

My only problem is, I think I need the Remoska Grand too - getting a bit like Sobby and caravans.
      Mary

Comment

Originally posted by Vanderella View Post

My only problem is, I think I need the Remoska Grand too - getting a bit like Sobby and caravans.
        I like it.:so happy:

Comment

I bought a remoska about 4 years ago from the Lakeland shop it was the grand. After countless burns in my arm and blowing e electrics I took it back and got my money back...
          MS.RoMiNi

Comment

Originally posted by Sobby 2711 View Post
            I bought a remoska about 4 years ago from the Lakeland shop it was the grand. After countless burns in my arm and blowing e electrics I took it back and got my money back...
            Like I said - you either love them or hate them!
            Mary

Comment

I Love them. :so happy:
              Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
              'Live without regrets'

Comment

I thought it was a brilliant idea but as a clumsy person the lid was just too hot and heavy for me... I also struggled placing the lid where it didn't burn the surfaces. My sister has a small one storaged away having only used it once I keep on thinking shall I buy it off her and try again.
                I bought the halogen oven for using in our tent kitchen whilst our kitchen was being knocked down and that was fab, it had the attachable lid which was better for me. I cooked full roast dinners in it and puddings too. I didn't really miss not having an oven as this replaced it. Now I have a Range cooker
                MS.RoMiNi

Comment

Originally posted by Sobby 2711 View Post
                  I thought it was a brilliant idea but as a clumsy person the lid was just too hot and heavy for me... I also struggled placing the lid where it didn't burn the surfaces. My sister has a small one storaged away having only used it once I keep on thinking shall I buy it off her and try again.
                  Sobby, maybe you should try and borrow the standard Remoska from your sister and give it a try. I have heard that some people find the Grand rather heavy and struggle to find somewhere safe for the very hot lid. It could well be that you will find the Standard sized one easier to handle.
                  Mary

Comment

And I just find funny all the hype about them
                    I remember them as a kid growing up in the middle of cold war behind the iron curtain (long time ago...).
                    It's a wonder what a bit of marketing can do :so happy:

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by jessiem View Post
                      Having Ummmd and Aaaaah for months whether to get a skillet or Remoska, I splashed out on the latter last week. Yes, it is an expensive piece of equipment! I bought it with the intentions of using it when Romahoming and cutting back on some of the pots and pans. I am making use of it instead of my normal oven. (saving on electrics) What a great piece of equipment it is, I am still in the experimenting stage but it cooks to perfection and it will be holidaying with me. (I also like the idea of the No quibble guarantee) Just thought I would give my review of it. I don't know what took me so long to make up my mind....Aaaah yes I do, they are called pound notes, but worth it!!
                      I think that the Lakeland shop is fantastic for returning things if they go wrong or ou just don't like them....

I thought the remoska was a fab idea and I used it a lot, just couldn't cope with the nasty burns it gave me on a few occasions, and the balancing act of where to put a very hot lid
                      MS.RoMiNi

Comment

Easy have a bread board to hand and place lid on that, or on the cooker top or pan..... I had to do this with the lid of my halogen oven which the lid wasnt attached...

Also brought a round wooden board as I have the stainless steel halogen oven for camping and the base gets hot and it melted the table top.... solved with the b oard for 50p...

I was very lucky with my Remoksa given free from Freecycle.... brand new...

Makes beautiful scones....

Comment

Wow that's a wonderful free recycled gift...
                          MS.RoMiNi

Comment

I think what swayed me was the fact the lady said if I didn't get on with it bring it back! I had nothing to loose! She didn't give me any hard sell. I like that. I have R Arthritis and find that for me the lid is a little awkward, but being careful I manage. I use a plate to leave the lid upside down and aware of how hot it is. I now need to try and work out how I am going to use it in the motorhome having limited space in the cooking area, (keeping it away from the interior!) but I'll find a solution that's safe. In the week that I have had it, I haven't used the oven, only to warm the plates! SOBBY2711...ask to borrow your sisters Remoska and give it another go, seems such a waste, if you like it make an offer if not you haven't lost out. LUNNIE You got yours new from freecycle? Wow!!
                            Jessie

Comment

There is an alternative to the Remoska that has feet on the lid to get round the problem of standing the hot lid,see below--

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Total-Chef-T...9249270&sr=8-3
                              Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X