As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flushed with success!

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flushed with success!

This is concerning portable loos! so the squeemish might like to look away now!! we have a strict "no solids" rule for our portable loo, but there are times when........but I think I have just found a solution!! a product called Happy Bowl Liners, comes in packs of 50 so covering a number of "emergencies", are biodegradable, and easy to use.
    derek b and Babs

Hi

This reminds me of a visit last year from our grandson aged 3 who was on hoiday 'next door' in a caravan.

"Can I use your toilet please Grandma?" "Of course you can darlng " I said !!!

It wasn't until I looked and saw him sitting down with a very red face that I realised that he didn't want a pee !!!

With our latest van, I answer the same question with an enquiry as to whether he needs to sit or stand !!!

It still makes me laugh when I remember this and I shall have great pleasure recounting this when he is much older.

Gail

Comment

Originally posted by Dorset Dimension View Post
      Hi

This reminds me of a visit last year from our grandson aged 3 who was on hoiday 'next door' in a caravan.

"Can I use your toilet please Grandma?" "Of course you can darlng " I said !!!

It wasn't until I looked and saw him sitting down with a very red face that I realised that he didn't want a pee !!!

With our latest van, I answer the same question with an enquiry as to whether he needs to sit or stand !!!

It still makes me laugh when I remember this and I shall have great pleasure recounting this when he is much older.

Gail
      A family group of us were camping together and we were gathered in my sister's large and luxurious very immaculate Hymer. One of my lovely grandsons asked to use her toilet (I thought more for the novelty value rather than need - he just wanted to play with all the gadgets and enjoy the underfloor heating and filmstar lighting), sadly he got the toilet technology wrong and did his business with the paddle closed instead of open
      Mary

Comment

Originally posted by Vanderella View Post
        A family group of us were camping together and we were gathered in my sister's large and luxurious very immaculate Hymer. One of my lovely grandsons asked to use her toilet (I thought more for the novelty value rather than need - he just wanted to play with all the gadgets and enjoy the underfloor heating and filmstar lighting), sadly he got the toilet technology wrong and did his business with the paddle closed instead of open
        Easily done and worse when it is your grown up son who does it!!!!!!!!!!!! We were staying on a no facility campsite and he visited for the day and is not used to caravan loos.

We now have a rule that no one uses the loo except us unless they want to empty the cassette before leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by derek b View Post
          This is concerning portable loos! so the squeemish might like to look away now!! we have a strict "no solids" rule for our portable loo, but there are times when........but I think I have just found a solution!! a product called Happy Bowl Liners, comes in packs of 50 so covering a number of "emergencies", are biodegradable, and easy to use.
          Just had a look but postage is high and almost doubles the price unless you buy in bulk. If anyone uses them please post a review on here. If they work I may get some.

Comment

Originally posted by Flo View Post
            Just had a look but postage is high and almost doubles the price unless you buy in bulk. If anyone uses them please post a review on here. If they work I may get some.
            Yes, I would like a review as well... going to a THS with no facilities later this year!

We all know that's what loos are for, right?! When I'm on a site with no facilities, I just empty as soon as done, if you get my meaning.

Read somewhere you could use ordinary plastic bag + cat litter/bark variety, then dispose of in dog poo bin. so I'm considering that method.

Just googled those myself, seems they are for the flushing loos with waste tanks, so no good for my luggable loo or (maybe) any other type of bucket loo.
            Last edited by jayjay; 17-05-2012, 10:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Flo View Post
              I have ordered some, and have been notified of thier despatch! when they arrive I will road test them and let you know how they pan out (pun intended)
              derek b and Babs

Comment

I have ordered some, and have been notified of thier despatch! when they arrive I will road test them and let you know how they pan out (pun intended)

Comment

Just seems to me like an expensive version of the "two x 2 sheets of loo paper crossed" that we've used, after it being suggested to us by experienced caravanners many years ago.

Comment

I agree Caz,thats the easy way.step one flush the loo so the bowl is wet,step two,lay two x2 sheets of loo paper cossed like an X in the bowl.

You should not have a problem.
                    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

The Caravan Handbook has pictures to illustrate the loo roll method!

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                        The Caravan Handbook has pictures to illustrate the loo roll method!
                        Would that be ... on second thoughts, I don't want to know!
                        Geoff

Comment

I'm still a newbie in terms of campervans -- bought and installed my porta potti a few months ago but never used it (it was only for emergencies). apart from "real camping" trips, I use the van on visits to daughter 500 miles away.

I used to get " I love you grandma" from my grandson aged 4 and half but on last two trips got "I love your campervan grandma" from him and evenutally had to capitulate to letting him sleep in it on mum and dad's drive - that meant me going to bed at 7.30 cos you cannot leave a 4 yr old on his own in a campervan. That also meant he inisted on using porta potti far more times than he would have normally wanted the loo

In real life travelling/camping, I have found the uriwell very useful - bought it a few years ago for general camping and travelling before I had the campervan- don't know where I bought it from but have found same product on

http://www.penningtonmobility.co.uk/...?id_product=47

I didn't pay the price they quote and frankly wouldn't pay that much but it is very useful and would highly recommend.

Comment

Right - road test complete! they are easy to use, come with instructions, amusingly instruction number two is "make your deposit", they are more expensive to use than the criss cross toilet paper method, but since we are going to save them for best and special occasions a box of 50 will last some time making that cost acceptable. Mission accomplished.
                            derek b and Babs

Comment

I think I'm going to have to wait till the next meet so someone can give me the missing pieces of the jigsaw here. The what comes after the cross and the deposit

Here is another little helper - one for us girls but also one for the boys and even a Wee family pack

http://www.shewee.com/

Barbara Anne

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X