This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

toilet fluid

quick question, I have just bought a Bi pot portable toilet, what is the best fluid? and any other recommendatins / tips?

we used towsure's own, both blue( in waste tank) and pink (in flush thank) and it was fine. You can get an all in 1 type now and also a more environmentally friendly 1 which we'll probably switch to when we have used ours up.

We found some small water tight bottles with pink and blue tops and filled them rather than carrying the huge bottles with us, you don't really use that much!!!
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

thank you, can you use ordinary toilet roll?

Comment

Originally posted by satchmo_shaz View Post
        thank you, can you use ordinary toilet roll?

we do, whether you are supposed too is a different matter! You can buy proper camping loo roll though.
        Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

toiet fluid

I use Elsan Green which is more eco friendly and works well. I have just bought a Luggable Loo to replace my Thetford when only out for days as it will hopefully be easier to empty as space is rather tight in the footwell of my Outlook. I did buy a silicone collapsible funnel to fill the flush tank as I always spilled water down the back. I bought mine at Trago Mills but have just found another at Dunelms in Weston super mare.

Lizzie

Comment

Originally posted by lizzie View Post
            I use Elsan Green which is more eco friendly and works well. I have just bought a Luggable Loo to replace my Thetford when only out for days as it will hopefully be easier to empty as space is rather tight in the footwell of my Outlook. I did buy a silicone collapsible funnel to fill the flush tank as I always spilled water down the back. I bought mine at Trago Mills but have just found another at Dunelms in Weston super mare.

Lizzie
            I only have a luggable loo, and I just use zoflora+water in a spray when on my own, as I empty every day and just rinse, so not too heavy. When I had to use it full time as there were no facilities, I used just a spot of blue and a splash of water in the bottom. It worked fine.

Comment

I have seen it suggested that you use biological washing powder rather than expensive camping toilet products. This seems to me an avenue worth exploring.... it certainly has been reported to be very effective.

It is also much cheaper.

Comment

has anyone tried the powder yet??

Comment

Originally posted by satchmo_shaz View Post
                  quick question, I have just bought a Bi pot portable toilet, what is the best fluid? and any other recommendatins / tips?
                  Without a doubt, I would deffo recommend WEE-WEE !!

Mike

Comment

A lot of the blue fluids contain formaldehyde......its use is not banned in this country. Best not breathe too many of the fumes.

Comment

Originally posted by Fourplay View Post
                      A lot of the blue fluids contain formaldehyde......its use is not banned in this country. Best not breathe too many of the fumes.
                      Best not to breathe in the fumes if you are on a no toilet site as well.

We once made the mistake of taking a pitch right next to the chemical toilet disposal point at a no toilet site and believe me you don't want to be eating your meal outside when someone is emptying their toilet.
                      Graham
                      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

We have stared using tesco bio washing liquid. I will report back

Comment

Tsk Tsk.... TESCo own brand...

Cummon Pete you know you are a Persil guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fourplay View Post
                            Now this took me back. Years ago when the kids were little we had a caravan with a little loo in (in it's own loo 'wardrobe'), and we put some blue stuff in.... during the night I had to get up to open the door and windows as no-one could sleep for the very strong smell from it. I immediately watered it down as I thought maybe that was the problem but it didn't seem to smell any less strong. I ended up putting it outside until morning...

I'm going back 20 years here though, fluids and loos were not a science then.

Comment

I just get whatever is the cheapest at the dealers at the time, sometimes there are some good offers at the Shows. I decant it into a smaller bottle which holds enough for about 5 weekends.

I gave up using pink in the flush as it made "black bits" in it. I don't fill the flush tank at all now, it's only extra weight to carry and the flush on my porta-potti isn't very good - I just tip water down it.

Don't waste money on special loo paper - the cheapest stuff from Tesco/Morribobs or Sainsbugs is just as quick at breaking down.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X