Bog in a bag vs SheWee.....discuss!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bog in a bag vs SheWee.....discuss!

Hi...sorry about the delicate subject but I'm considering buying a bog in a bag and I was wondering how stable they are when sat on (or don't you?). I have a SheWee and a portaloo. Both are good but have their flaws. I thought the bog in a bag option may be good for medium length trips/long weekends but I can imagine unfortunate night time accidents with me on the floor and legs in the air if they are too wobbly!

I think a Bog in a Bag might be handy instead of a porta-potti for No 2s if there wasn't a loo nearby, but for No 1s a She Wee and an empty litre bottle is better - you can screw the top on tight and no spills!

However, I don't always get on too well with my She Wee, I tried a Whizz and that was even worse - maybe I'm the wrong shape! so I'm going back to a 1 litre plastic jug which can be decanted into a bottle for storage/transportation/disposal, and the jug is easily and quickly rinsed out for re-use (I keep a separate one for culinary purposes!)

Comment

Originally posted by Caz View Post
      (I keep a separate one for culinary purposes!)
      Thank goodness for that

Just don't get them mixed up.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Heheheeee I don't know why but I feel compelled to suggest you never take a stock of bottled apple juice away with you...just in case!!

I love my SheWee, it's definitely improved trips considerably, although its taken some practice to get the angle right to avoid drippage! However I just used it for a full two weeks break and I'll be honest I missed being able to sit down after about 5 nights.

Comment

I have a luggable loo, very good, very stable and quite tall. Can be used with suitable chemicals, ordinary disinfectant, just on its own, or with cat litter lined with a bin bag. Easy to empty and rinse/clean.

In the Roma I used to put it in the awning with a cover over it during the day, and bring it inside for night time/early morning stuff, siting it by the back door. In the caravan its packed in with all the other buckets, etc in the wardrobe, they all go inside one another.

Jugs and bottles, nah, too much faff and room for spillage... same with the sheewee and similar.... bog in a bag, well it doesn't look stable to me. Just take a bucket!!

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
            I have a luggable loo, very good, very stable and quite tall. Can be used with suitable chemicals, ordinary disinfectant, just on its own, or with cat litter lined with a bin bag. Easy to empty and rinse/clean.

In the Roma I used to put it in the awning with a cover over it during the day, and bring it inside for night time/early morning stuff, siting it by the back door. In the caravan its packed in with all the other buckets, etc in the wardrobe, they all go inside one another.

Jugs and bottles, nah, too much faff and room for spillage... same with the sheewee and similar.... bog in a bag, well it doesn't look stable to me. Just take a bucket!!
            A luggable loo? thats new to me...going to check them out now....thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Bryony The Snail View Post
              Heheheeee I don't know why but I feel compelled to suggest you never take a stock of bottled apple juice away with you...just in case!!

I love my SheWee, it's definitely improved trips considerably, although its taken some practice to get the angle right to avoid drippage! However I just used it for a full two weeks break and I'll be honest I missed being able to sit down after about 5 nights.
              It wasn't drippage - more like a flood!! despite much practice!! Had to sit on the dog's blanket all the way home as didn't have a change of clothes with me. The Whizz was a flood whenever I practised at home in the bath. So never tried that in the wild.

Apple juice - lives in the fridge. I use an empty disinfectant bottle, emptied and rinsed every morning, never goes in fridge - so never confused.

No need to worry, Graham - two different looking jugs, will never be muddled up. Not that I do much cooking anyway - can't remember the last time I used a measuring jug whilst camping.

Comment

Oh my lordy! eeek! Oh dear floodage not good !!

Comment

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/blue-dia...toilet-p101736

The link above leads you to the only one I've found that doesn't advertise itself as a LOO LOO YES THIS IS THE LOO, they are not shy of putting a non removable advert on the side. I've covered mine with vinyl so it doesn't proclaim itself to everyone. Although everyone knows it's still a loo!

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                    http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/blue-dia...toilet-p101736

The link above leads you to the only one I've found that doesn't advertise itself as a LOO LOO YES THIS IS THE LOO, they are not shy of putting a non removable advert on the side. I've covered mine with vinyl so it doesn't proclaim itself to everyone. Although everyone knows it's still a loo!
                    Thanks. Yes i know what you mean, my husband thinks I'm daft because I want a loo tent inside the awning so when the flaps are open you cant see the loo. He quite rightly points out that everyone still knows its a loo but its a girl thing don't you think?

What do you do with the solid waste from a luggable loo?

Comment

Thanks. Yes i know what you mean, my husband thinks I'm daft because I want a loo tent inside the awning so when the flaps are open you cant see the loo. He quite rightly points out that everyone still knows its a loo but its a girl thing don't you think?

I don't mean ummmm solid toilet doings I mean the cat litter stuff!!!

Comment

Before I answer that q. here's another linky for the luggable and cheapre, thlough I'm not sure how these compare to the branded name ones.
                        http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/travel-t...ampaign=Criteo

I use a loo tent inside the awning as well!! Although it's too high, so looking for something smaller. Might just use a couple of wire coat hangers and a cheap shower curtain or two in a corner.

I use the blue chemical loo stuff, just a dollop and a bit of water. The solids go in there as well. All goes down the CDP just the same. a quick rinse of water and more blue stuff and set up ready again. If I have to use it for all things, then it's emptied as soon as the solids are in there, no time for the chemicals to break it down. Also you have to remember to pour slowly when emptying or there is a spash back!! You only do it once!
                        Last edited by jayjay; 22-09-2012, 17:59.

Comment

I don't mean ummmm solid toilet doings I mean the cat litter stuff!!!
                          He hehe I thought you meant the other! Just answered that q. Cat litter in a bin bag, heavy duty for preference.... (full of the doings!!) can be disposed of in a dog poo bin, or just in the ordinary rubbish bins. Just put a bit of fresh cat litter in to start, then a sprinkle more each time you use it. Just make sure its sealed properly before you dispose of it!!

The only place I could see the cat litter being a problem is at places like the Moira Furnace fest. where I go every year. They have a CDP (chemical Disposal point) so ok with the chemicals, but they have a take all your rubbish home with you policy and I would not like to be carrying a couple of bags of 'used' cat litter home!

Comment

Last year in France I used the Daily Star

Comment

Shee Wee:
                              also useful for filling a sample bottle to take to the nurse. Well it was until they reduced the size of the sample bottle so much that they had to provide a small disposable jug as well. presumably this was a cost saving.

In order of preference I use
                              campsite toilet except at night/in heavy rain when a plastic box with strong screw-top lid which used to hold E45 cream will do nicely for a quick trip to the outhouse and has been used in the van when required (most notably when stopped in a RBS carpark in Aberdeenshire - it was a Sunday and yes I did pull down the door blinds)

Porta Potti, only at festivals and only in the outrhouse so far but that was enough to convince me that it is well worth having with us and made me less fussy about finding a campsite with toilets in future.
                              Sue

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X