As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insulated Windscreen Cover

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insulated Windscreen Cover

A few weeks ago I was in competition with Renners on ebay for a silver screen to fit a Berlingo and I lost.

Last week I bid on another that I found on ebay (or rather a friend did because I dont do ebay) and I was successful at £20.50 including postage. It arrivced today and it is a brand new "Solar Screen" almost identical in shape to the silver screen that we already have but with slightly different fittings. When it eventually stops raining I will try it and take some photos.

Peter

Hi Peter glad you managed to get another to replace your aged one and what a bargain price too, i can now start to sleep again at night now had visions of my tyres being let down when we meet a a meet one day.
    Last edited by Renners; 22-12-2012, 19:44. Reason: spelling

Comment

Well done Peter, nice one.

If anyone sees any for a C15 will they give me a shout please?

Comment

Silver Screen

Originally posted by peterholden View Post
        A few weeks ago I was in competition with Renners on ebay for a silver screen to fit a Berlingo and I lost.

Last week I bid on another that I found on ebay (or rather a friend did because I dont do ebay) and I was successful at £20.50 including postage. It arrivced today and it is a brand new "Solar Screen" almost identical in shape to the silver screen that we already have but with slightly different fittings. When it eventually stops raining I will try it and take some photos.

Peter
        Peter we have both the insulated heavy duty Silver Screen which we use mainly at home in winter and the Summer Duty Solar Screen which is uninsulated and designed for use mainly to reflect heat from the windscreen in summer I suppose it may work in colder nights. ours are J & M designs products

Alf

Comment

Although the name is Solar Screen it is an insulated padded screen made of the same material our silverscreen and made in almost the same way. It is not the uninsulated type.

We have been using silverscreens for the best part of 10 years.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by peterholden View Post
            Although the name is Solar Screen it is an insulated padded screen made of the same material our silverscreen and made in almost the same way. It is not the uninsulated type.

We have been using silverscreens for the best part of 10 years.

Peter
            We got our first one in 1987 fot a Auto-Sleepers Talbot SL and used that untill the facelift Boxer came along we now use that one on the Dimension

Comment

Originally posted by Renners View Post
              Hi Peter glad you managed to get another to replace your aged one and what a bargain price too, i can now start to sleep again at night now had visions of my tyres being let down when we meet a a meet one day.
              No, you would be safe. Peter is a gentleman, I'm sure.

He wouldn't even scatter breadcrumbs onto your van roof! (As discussed on another thread, this is, apparently, a way to get your own back on noisy neighbours as they will be woken by the early birds...Not the I would DREAM of doing such a naughty thing!)

Peter, congratulations on your purchase.
              Carpe diem! :)

Comment

I have had a good look at the new screen cover today as it has stopped raining.

It is made by Taylormade and appears never to have been used.

I have had a trial fitting today.

Peter
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Caz View Post
                  Well done Peter, nice one.

If anyone sees any for a C15 will they give me a shout please?
                  Shout for me too - would like to bid if one comes up, but no wish to bid against you caz just to put the price up!!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X