This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pop-up tent as an 'awning'

What is people's experience of using a pop-up tent as a sort of awning? Awnings are so heavy and cumbersome and tricky to manage, esp for people on their own, and even more especially for less than amazonian women!

Are there pop-ups that ....

* you could get a table and chair/s into or under

* one side can be completely open

* are easy to get back down again (I have heard this can be a problem)

???

Any recommendations as to brand and product name?

Thanks in advance for your wisdom

Hi there

I use a quecha pop up tent. Once you have got the knack it is fine but you do need to learn the knack! I went to the decathalon show room and told them I would buy one if they could teach me so I could put it away without any help from them I would buy one!

On the 4th attempt at putting away I had it cracked!! As that merecats say 'its simples'.

The one thing I would say is that the final stage is kneeling on the tent so it does not pop up whilst you attach the restraining straps. I am saying this because I have no idea of anybodies age or health and if somebody had arthritic knees or hips getting up and down could be a problem.

Decathlon do a tent called seconds base that would fit the bill will see if I can post the website. I had another make and the thing broke very quickly, the quecha one is brill but it not the awning type one.

Comment

Someone came to the meet with one big enough to sit out in! Can't remember who right now, but there's lots of videos on youtube. Someone will be along to let you know who pretty soon!

I have the gelert 3 second tent - can't sit in it though, just big enough to chuck things in out of your way. They all take a bit of a wrestle to get back down, but once mastered, it's fairly easy.

I don't use mine very often, I prefer my movelite awning.... that's easy to put up and take down after practice as well.

Comment

Base seconds tent link

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/seconds-base-xl-67843064/

Link to the decathlon demonstration of how the thing goes up and down. Personally though I think you need somebody to show you!

http://www.quechua.com/EN/guides-and-advice-69682640/

Comment

have just replied to this query with links on another thread.... maybe pauline or graham could move it here please very nicely. It is on the women driving a motorhome thread.

I left some links for you gypsy

basically the seconds base from decatholn stores. They are dead easy to put away when you know how, if you do not know how it is a nightmare...
          Last edited by Tentpeg; 09-05-2010, 12:57.

Comment

http://tente.quechua.com/en/tente/r-...e-seconds.html

this link may be of some use to you.
            Jessie

Comment

Originally posted by Roamingsue View Post
              have just replied to this query with links on another thread.... maybe pauline or graham could move it here please very nicely. It is on the women driving a motorhome thread.
              Hi Sue, I have copied your posts in that thread to this thread and I have moved this thread to this section, the other thread on women driving a motorhome went slightly off topic. I thought if anyone was searching they would probably look in this section but if anyone wants to read the other thread which went on to discuss pop up tents it is here:

http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/foru...read.php?t=651
              Graham
              Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Sorry to mess up the system by starting this as a new thread - i thought it would be less muddly than as part of the other one, but looks like we're in a muddle anyway .

The info is very useful, and the links, so thank you. Lots to think about!

Comment

Originally posted by GypsyMe View Post
                  Sorry to mess up the system by starting this as a new thread - i thought it would be less muddly than as part of the other one, but looks like we're in a muddle anyway .

The info is very useful, and the links, so thank you. Lots to think about!

You haven't messed up anything, I always think it is better to start a new thread as you have done than go off topic on another thread, that way people are more likely to read it. Having said that it is so easy to go off topic I'm always doing it.

By the way did you see Britain's got talent last night? Glad I wasn't sitting on that chair holding those cucumbers while a bloke swished a sword round my head. (See I told you it was easy to go off topic)
                  Graham
                  Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                    By the way did you see Britain's got talent last night? Glad I wasn't sitting on that chair holding those cucumbers while a bloke swished a sword round my head. (See I told you it was easy to go off topic)

I thought that you had nerves of steel. You support Notts County don't you!!
                    Now we are really off of the topic.

Gail

Comment

Originally posted by Dorset Dimension View Post
                      I thought that you had nerves of steel. You support Notts County don't you!!
                      Now we are really off of the topic.

Gail
                      Hee Hee, certainly had to have nerves of steel this season.
                      Graham

Comment

Have you thought of the Aztec single-pole awning?
                        http://www.outdoorworld.co.uk/aztec-...ole-p-749.html
                        It's open ended but looks very easy to put up and would be fine for sitting in with tables and chairs - and it's pretty cheap.

Doug

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X